August 2020 Condo Contest! (Outdoor Hangout)

Hey all,

It’s time for another condo contest!

Since we’re still in the thick of summer, this August’s theme will be Outdoor Hangout.

We want to see you utilize the outdoor spaces in the condos to make a summery place to hang out with friends or chill on your own!

If you need help, summer themed items can be found in Celebrations (on the Boardwalk), Oasis (at the Beach), Seasons (at Stores East), and other stores.

The contest will last until August 14th!

Prizes

• 1st Place - 1,000,000 Units
  • 2nd Place - 500,000 Units
  • 3rd Place - 250,000 Units

Rules

• Must fit within the theme!
  • Must be something new - you can’t submit something you started before this post was made.
  • Must be appropriate content (no nudity, hate speech, etc.)
  • Must post at least 3 pictures of your condo.

How To Submit

• Post at least 3 screenshots of your Condo as a reply to this thread as your entry to the contest.
  • Also please include your Steam ID in the submission so we can award you the Units if you win!

Have fun! We can’t wait to see what you come up with. :stars:

17 Likes

And here i thought i could use my almost finished island. Time to take a break from my smooth dirt and do something new!

4 Likes

Would have been nice to launch this after the Condos update.

It would have been, but there will be more contests in the future!

4 Likes

Can it be part of a bigger build, for example, something within a city build

as long you show something new, it shouldnt matter if its within a city. because you focus on a specific part.

1 Like

cool, while my last build was a bit of a dud, I think I have a good thing going for this one

1 Like

bro, count me in on this. :eyes:
(i hope i don’t become lazy xD)

2 Likes

are we expected to incorporate outdoor areas from condos or can it be made from scratch in smooth dirt?

My guess is that they only want us to utilize the Outdoor Spaces. I hope at least we can use the sea aswell. Or else i have to do something different.

@Jackpot I’ll say that adding onto an existing build is fine as long as your pictures for the contest only focus on spots that you built for the contest, if that makes sense. It could help to take a before and after picture if you do this.

@Laika No, you’re allowed to make an outdoor space in smooth dirt or any of the condos! As long as it has the feeling of a place to relax or hang out outdoors in the summer, it’s allowed.

@Aviarius Incorporating the sea into your idea works!

2 Likes

gonna drop out of this one, can’t build anything decent with my schedule before the deadline. Looking forward to seeing other submissions though!

(edit) If I do however think of something I can do, I’ll definately upload it

1 Like

Just started building a massive garden-type space for this contest only to come back and double-check the rules and see the keyword Summer, whoops :eyes::sweat_drops:

2 Likes

here am i again lol, i finished my part!, i’m pretty fast yes, theres 2 more tweets replied/attached to this tweet, so be sure to check em out. ^-^

For the contest: https://twitter.com/12foxy12_YT/status/1291026941903024130

My steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/12foxy12/

1 Like

@Woofbyte People have gardens in the summer!

3 Likes

I really hope this contest gets extended a bit. There’s lots of time to build but a lot of the nature items are broken in this update (rocks, trees) making it pretty hard to work on scenery and terrain.

4 Likes

Can attest. I’m alllllllmost done with my build but I’ve had to scrap a few ideas and find workarounds just because of some nature items not being colorable or having bugs.

Hard to make botanical gardens with limited gardens :c

3 Likes

Here we go! Can’t wait to see all the creative ideas people come up with.

STEAM_1:0:1622267

14 Likes

This is my first time participating in a contest.
I’ll be publishing Condo from time to time, so come on over and visit us.
Thank you :slight_smile:

Steam : https://steamcommunity.com/id/10yen/

13 Likes