Arcade (ongoing, phase 2 out now)

Hi! I’m super excited about the arcade! I know that development started for it back in 2017 and was curious as to when TU is looking to finish it?

Thanks for any info you have (I have a bit of an addiction to Skeeball and the Hot Hoops games).

Can’t give a true estimate just yet, but full on development will start right after the Fishing update (with the goal to get the arcade out and playable as soon as possible).

18 Likes

Glad to see that major plaza activities are being focused on to make the plaza more alive and active so that yall can focus on other things while all players are occupied.

Will the Arcade be developed alongside Accelerate? Or will Accelerate be worked on after? IIRC you said Accelerate would be relatively easy to dev, so I’m curious about the estimated timeline going forward.

Depends on time, really. Accelerate has a solid vehicle base so it’s a lot easier than it was in the past to develop for. The issue now is time. I’ll be pretty busy making arcade gameplay, so I might not have the time to do both. But, since the vehicle base is mostly done (except for drifting and gameplay), Lifeless can work on the maps while we’re doing arcade.

13 Likes

When talking about features that developement started for back in the days… what about the pooltables and airhockeytables? Even the gamewebsite says they are playable: grafik

1 Like

@macdguy When the Arcade is fleshed out do you think that the basis for it can be used for things like interactive games in condos? (Chess, Checkers, Pool, etc?)

3 Likes

This list includes stuff in the plans to show the variance of content, not that it’s currently playable. It’s just upcoming stuff.

• "Improved button component" has been checked off on the "Code Checklist" checklist.
  • "Animating the joysticks" has been checked off on the "Code Checklist" checklist.
18 Likes

oboy

1 Like
  • "Ball Attack Cabinet" has been checked off on the "Art Checklist" checklist.
18 Likes

Arcade is the thing im most excited about

thanks devs

5 Likes
  • A new checklist named "Sounds" has been added to the card.
  • A new checklist named "2D API" has been added to the card.
  • "Improved button component (for all buttons in all arcade machines)" has been checked off on the "Core Code" checklist.
  • "Improved button component (for all buttons in all arcade machines)" has been un-checked on the "Core Code" checklist.
  • "Sound effect handler" has been checked off on the "Core Code" checklist.
  • "Grabbing player input" has been checked off on the "Core Code" checklist.
  • "Basic game loop" has been checked off on the "Core Code" checklist.
  • "Mas Feurte 2K (hammer game) animations" has been checked off on the "Animations" checklist.
  • "Skee Ball animations" has been checked off on the "Animations" checklist.
  • "Salmon Says animations" has been checked off on the "Animations" checklist.
  • "Galaxy police animations" has been checked off on the "Animations" checklist.
  • "Crane game animations" has been checked off on the "Animations" checklist.
  • "Super Hoopers animations" has been checked off on the "Animations" checklist.
17 Likes
  • "Multiplayer handling for Galaxy Friends" has been checked off on the "Core Code" checklist.
18 Likes

M…M…MULTIPLAYERRRRRR!!!
WAHHH YES…!!!>!>!>!

10 Likes
  • "Round support" has been checked off on the "Core Code" checklist.
14 Likes
  • "Button manager" has been checked off on the "Core Code" checklist.
12 Likes
  • "Unit costs for each machine" has been checked off on the "Core Code" checklist.
13 Likes
  • "Attract animation system" has been checked off on the "Core Code" checklist.
13 Likes

Seeing this progress is giving me warm, fuzzy feelings.

4 Likes