Allow us to blacklist models per GameWorld while we're playing

There are some models that I find them cool (tiny insect/eletronic models, for example), but hate them in some games like Virus as it definitely can give an advantage.

It would be nice to actually be able to not only blacklist them per GameWorld, but do that while we’re in game.

I wanted to temporarily block that playermodel when I saw it in Virus, but I was not able to in any way unless I find what the model is called, get the URL and block it from the content settings.

why not just disable them entirely? i can’t see for shit on virus and i just shoot at whatevers green. disabling playermodels would only have a positive impact for me. its not often that i get a good look at peoples playermodels outside of plaza unless they’re massive.

Because it’s a lot more interesting to look at various models than a few, soulless-looking models in Virus. Not to mention they have zero negative impact on games like Ball Race.

2 Likes

I think TU should have a way to detect models that are too small for modes like Virus (maybe via a bounds check). Might not be perfect, but it’ll help, along with perhaps some other stuff put in place to prevent cheat models in modes like Virus or the upcoming SDNL. (Global whitelist, maybe?)

3 Likes

We’ll be doing bounds checks for player models at some point, it’s definitely something we want to do. We also need bounds checks for workshop wearables.

3 Likes

I actually find some large playermodels are annoying in Ball Race because you can’t see the platform underneath or around them to be able to traverse it, or avoid obstacles.

I feel like there definitely should be settings for disabling workshop models for each specific gameworld. Cause as far as Ball Race is concerned, I personally would much rather be able to use the Initial D car than have an easier time seeing the track. I just don’t want that option being taken away cause it opens up loads of potential for fun beyond just winning the races. That said, I could see someone playing competitively disabling it for themselves so they don’t ruin the fun for everyone else.

Yeah, I like to see the funny player models sometimes, but other times they’re annoying. Just depends on if I care about winning that game, or if I’m just playing for fun.

Yeah that’s why I said it should be a setting to disable them. That way you can easily turn em on/off depending on how you feel :smiley:

1 Like