About community condo's building

Resort will be a community condo based off gmt’s lobby 1, and multiple people will be able to build in these condos, probably only when they the owner manually gives them permissions, and then the people are probably able to build anywhere they want.

Now if we look at gmt lobby 1: people were able to build in their suites without needing someone to give them a rank, all they had to do was claim a suite and they could build, in addition their suite items were saved and could be moved from suite to suite while keeping their positions.

In order for the resort community condo to work like lobby 1 did there needs to be a way for people to claim the suites to build in them without ‘griefing’ the lobby.
This idea is probably not going to get added but resort will not be like lobby 1 if people can just build wherever they want.

i think for saving the suites having that would make me and other people happy,
but if it is not happening, it would be cool if when the group tool (in advance tools) comes out you can save the grouped items (kind of like advance duplicator in gmod does), then place them back down in the same position in the map and or manually choose where it is placed.

Edit:
also i think allowing hosts to allocate build areas may happen, since it feels like it would be needed, also i think i may have seen a pic from mac a while ago of the permissions for community condos and i swear i saw something about build areas, but im not sure

While there’s nothing concrete yet, we have been talking about things like build volumes where an Admin could designate a specific area of their condo for a specific person to build in, and only those assigned to that volume can build in it. Again, nothing confirmed yet, but we have talked about things like that.

11 Likes

To continue on what Caboose said, I also want to have pre-made build volumes that the maps come with.

7 Likes