Ability to "soft-remove" items from condos.

I’d like to request the devs to please consider adding the ability to “hide” an item from a layer essentially, so it doesn’t actually exist outside of the “Advanced Edit Mode” feature and even then isn’t tangible/is mostly transparent in “Advanced Edit Mode” until its visibility is re-enabled, this way we don’t have to have multiple backups/saves of a condo just to have exclusive decorations for Holidays if possible. Thank you!

If you wanna easily remove and replace decorations, you can use the transformer tool to move all the items, say, 10,000 map units underneath the map, then when you want to redecorate, use the transformer tool to bring them up 10,000 units. That way, you can just swap 'em out whenever you want with little hassle. When Condo I/O comes out within the next 20 years, I’m sure you could easily make a script that moves all item’s tagged with an ID number a set amount of units with the touch of a button!

3 Likes

I plan to tackle this with Layers. Using Layers, you can reorganize groups of items into separate layers and toggle them within the item finder or using condo IO.

9 Likes

Thank you so much, this really made my day hearing that this was considered!

1 Like

Very much appreciate the suggestion, I didn’t even consider this somehow!