A way to purchase Tower without region-lock [PLEASE DELETE THREAD]

The thread is no longer relevant/important - Please delete it, thank you!

Here’s the thing. Region locking of video games is still a big issue in the gaming industry as a whole - And while the whole issue of people trying to get games as cheap as possible is indeed real, it shouldn’t be a reason to disallow people from being able to purchase your game legally to be able to enjoy it with friends on some other platform that does not enforce region locking on their games or tries to limit it. Regardless of whether this was already suggested in the past or not, please consider setting up your own webpage or another store page where everyone could somehow buy your game in equal price regardless of region if that is in any way possible to do.

Have you check the website???

We also sell Tower on Humble Store: The Humble Store: Great games. Fantastic prices. Support charity.

2 Likes

I did but I do have to say that I did not notice that it’s already being sold elsewhere too. That’s on me. Still, the main reason for this suggestion thread was for developers to possibly find a way to provide the game on a platform free of region locking, if at all viable/possible.

Thanks for the answer - I was not aware of that. Still, that does not really answer the main concern and reason for why this thread was created. I mean, doesn’t Humble Store also sell region locked keys to games on Steam? I have heard of this being a thing sometime around 2015.

I have updated the title of the thread to better reflect what I’m trying to suggest. I hope my idea can still be discussed further.