A question about playing live music over mic chat

hey there, so im a musician and i play guitar and sing. i had the idea to either play as a street performer over the mic chat or maybe even arrange concert or coffee house events if people are even interested in that kind of thing. so i was wondering A. if mic chat is localized enough for that to not be annoying and B. if that kind of behavior is encouraged/would work well with this game. thanks in advance.

2 Likes

Moderation is now dependent on the server owners, not the devs. As long as whoever owns the server you’re playing on is cool with it, you should be good.

3 Likes

Well I think in any game people will complain about this as being mic spamming, I’d be careful and just ask permission before hand. :new_moon_with_face:

1 Like

Well, I am not sure about both of my answers, but mic chat in tower unite is localized. But you should ask for permission before playing your guitar. I would love to hear it tho! :smiley:

1 Like

yeah i understand that, im asking mainly to see how the community feels about people taking this kind of spin on the game, in my opinion having people doing this kinda stuff would make the game more alive. so id like to hear other peoples opinions on it and hopefully moderators wont see an issue if the mic chat is local and im not in an important/crowded area, i would pick a location thats out of the way. dont wanna disturb anyone.

1 Like

If you mean by that, I would love to hear you play! :smiley:

1 Like

thanks! i hope more people will do this kind of thing too, it seems like the perfect platform to create artistic communities. im thinking that people can host house shows in their condos, where people show up to hear others play live music and such. would be very fun and interesting to me.

1 Like

Chat is not localized in Tower Unite. The music would be broadcast everywhere and at least on the official servers, is bannable for micspam.

1 Like

Oh, thanks for letting me know. I had no idea. :smiley:

1 Like

Chat is not localized, so you’d be broadcast in the whole plaza and at least on the official servers, you could get banned for micspam.

1 Like

Playing your own music on Tower Unite for other players to hear sounds like an awesome idea.

1 Like

youre not a developer so i have a hard time believing that. global mic chat in a game like this would be ridiculous, no conversations could be had peacefully. it would be constant noise given how many players this game brings in. so thanks for your input but im gunna wait for someone to confirm that.

1 Like

I’m a backer and have been playing the game for months now. It isn’t localized.

2 Likes

you would know more than me then, but that doesnt mean it wont be. they localized it in garrys mod, why wouldnt they do so for this?

1 Like

Yeah, I mean, this is an early build, so I’m sure it will happen but as of now, you could be standing in the Tower Lobby talking to someone on the boardwalk.

1 Like

that sounds really frustrating. i would never play music in a global chat, that would just be rude, lol. how many people are usually on when you play?

1 Like

Luckily, not many. Not a lot of people frequently the private alpha but that’s certainly going to change when the game launches. The most people I’ve ever encountered in a lobby has been 8. So not many.

1 Like

that wouldnt be awful then. but if they have global chat in the public servers when it launches, thats going to be a mess. i hope they localize it as soon as possible. otherwise my idea is kinda trashed.

1 Like

They never did for GMod Tower.

There are plans in the future for localization.

1 Like

what do you mean? i was just in game and whenever i passed through a group of people i heard their voice chat and once i was a bit away from them, i couldnt anymore. that seems local to me, right?

1 Like