A neat trick for custom camera angles (or "cutscenes"?) via teleporters

UPDATE!! This apparently only works for the host, as tested by my friend ThurDoDinok :frowning:

This was something I discovered completely by accident when building on a map I’m working on currently. Turns out, you can activate NPC dialogue THROUGH a teleporter by setting the teleporter exit to be right in front of an NPC.

This could be used for many things, really. I have a really quick example I threw together in this video below, but I really do think this opens up a lot of possibilities!

I could be completely out of the loop, and this could be a well-known trick, but if you didn’t know this either then hey! Here ya go <3

17 Likes

Wow that’s really clever.

1 Like

This is so cool!

Ooo, I’ll have to make use of it!

Super useful trick, always wondered what else could be done for npc dialogues - Also love the dorky example so much - !

Nice find for the Out of Bounds NPC trick. Now I don’t have to worry about having disproportional invisible NPC obstructing my clicks in the middle of the build.

Condo creators take notes!!! this is very clever

This is insanely clever! Will use!

man, now I hope we’ll eventually get dedicated cameras when condo IO will come, but in the meantime this is super sweet

1 Like

UPDATE!! This apparently only works for the host, as tested by my friend ThurDoDinok :frowning:

5 Likes