[56K Modem Warning] Tower Unite Discord Development Sneak Peek

That bottom image is gorgeous. Can’t wait to see it in game. Also very interested in what’s going on with the Knight and the rollercoaster. I’m guessing it’s just a test image but it’d be interesting if the coaster had some kind of fake VR functionality similar to Galactica at Alton Towers and other VR coasters around the world.

The scared knight screenshots look really good. I’m loving the location they’re in already ;3

2 Likes

Kinda looks like the camping grounds map from gmt

1 Like

Exactly why would you make talking characters? I like the concept!

September 13th, 2017

Notice: All items below are provided without context. There is NO guarantee anything featured in them will be present in the final release. These items are shown from RAW development. Items are in chronological order, bottom being most recent. For more detailed development updates, visit our Tumblr at http://pixeltailgames.tumblr.com/

15 Likes

Is it raining, is it snowing, is a hurricane a blowing.

3 Likes

dude i really want optional tiny story elements in tu with npc’s that have an actual personality

but of course there are the lorehaters that don’t want any kind of story in their game (like tower unite is your game, c’mon man)

6 Likes

I’m all for microstories and storytelling elements, but againts any larger lore.

Mostly because it wouldn’t, IMO, fit the game. Tower is essentially a virtual resort you, as the player, visit through your avatar. There doesn’t need to be a layer of lore disconnecting you from the person you control and giving you reasons why they’re there. I’d say, as a rule of thumb, any lore would be fine as long as it wouldn’t concern the players’ avatars or the nature of the world they inhabit/visit.

And, as a proper lorenerd, I would get salty my headcanon was confirmed to be false :c.

3 Likes

Dialogue is for other characters. There is no official story that describes why you are at Tower or who you are and there never will be.

11 Likes

Ah, perfect.

But let’s face it, Tower is heaven, we’re all dead, the Stray merchant is Satan and the catsacks are sinners, doomed to forever stare at the paradise they can’t enjoy, be torn apart and disposed of.
I’m kidding, of course.

8 Likes
6 Likes

I want a group of NPCs wearing tin-foil hats in the middle of nowhere that tell you that everyone is dead and Tower Unite is heaven.

9 Likes

Please, I want this.

1 Like

They should be standing around one of those “conspiracy theory boards”, with red lines connecting various photos, screenshots, printed-out forum posts and the lyrics to the Kickstarter theme.
And to complete the trope, they should have some really stupid “artifact” on a fancy marble pedestal.

2 Likes

September 15th, 2017

Notice: All items below are provided without context. There is NO guarantee anything featured in them will be present in the final release. These items are shown from RAW development. Items are in chronological order, bottom being most recent. For more detailed development updates, visit our Tumblr at http://pixeltailgames.tumblr.com/

18 Likes

Can they work like the old Pulse Nightclub?
Change with the beat

1 Like

Will there be tutorials made by Pixeltail for the light coding?

2 Likes

I believe @Madmijk will be putting out documentation on the functions you can use.

3 Likes

Holy shit, whoever made that went all out. Just please keep in mind to not over complicate the game with customizations like this.

September 16th, 2017

28 Likes