2 ideas/Suggestions

I find myself parroting these thoughts in chat when they happen during gameplay so I figure I’ll post them here where maybe they’ll be relevant.

• Laser Rifle alt fire consume ammo.
    Been an issue since day one all you ever hear are people revving up their laser rifles up and down every corridor see insta-kill beams being spammed everywhere. And if they miss they still have an entire magazine of primary fire to spray and pray with.
    I feel it would be more balanced, especially now that the crossbow is in the game, to have the alt fire have limited capacity, perhaps use the entire magazine of bullets meaning if you use it you gotta make it count.

• Remove the survivor’s proximity ticker; replace with footsteps or similar
    Its been a while since I played Virus but when I came back I found everyone knew just about exactly where I was. As infected you don’t have much going for you, relying soley on cunning and flanking tactics to try and out maneuver the survivors. Having them know you’re hiding around that corner is disappointing. I also find the ticker outright annoying.
    I feel the solution to proximity awareness can be solved with footsteps. The infected are barefoot, and most of the maps are hardfloor surfaces. A loud slappy footstep could be enough to detect presence while not stealing ambush tactics from infected. The survivors don’t need footsteps since the infected can see them through walls.

There were a few more suggestions but mostly minor. I had did have some ideas of giving an enraged infected a projectile attack, reminicent of the Genome from Half Life opposing force, but…