2 accounts on the same PC

Hello everyone,
First I must say, this game/community is incredible. I picked the game up recently and I have been enjoying it immensely. So much so that I decided to buy my daughter a copy on her own Steam account, but we play from the same PC.

I have noticed that several of the achievements are not available for her that I have already completed, an example is the “Stuffed discovery” achievement. When she is playing, the plushies cannot be interacted with. Another issue, although less important, is that when she is done playing and I switch Steam accounts and log in, my character has been changed to whatever she was playing. Is there any way to avoid this? I considered installing in 2 different locations, but she has already made some progress and I would hate for her to start over again.

Any ideas?

Thank you!

There’s an option in the Gameplay settings that lets you refresh the plushes so you can get them again. I don’t know about the character thing though.

2 Likes

Thank you for the reply, I wasn’t sure if any of the other achievements might be affected as well.

I’m not entirely sure, but I think you could definitely try reinstalling the game in a different location, as most of the data pertaining to her progress should be saved on Steam’s servers. But as I’ve said, I’m not 100% certain.

The reason the playermodels are not switching per account is because the location for where your players model, blocked players and settings etc. are stored here;
C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Tower\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\

^This is why settings are shared, because the directory is the same across any Steam account playing. There is a way around this, you can use the launch option -GAMEINI=Anothergame.ini which will use a different game.ini file.

So I think the best way around this is to create 2 shortcuts to run Tower Unite on your desktop(you can do it from the Steam properties of Tower Unite) You might have to create one, rename it then create the second one), rename the shortcuts to like TowerDad and TowerDaughter, right clicking the shortcut > properties > it should say something like;
steam://rungameid/394690

Change TowerDaughter to;
steam://rungameid/394690 -GAMEINI=Anothergame.ini

And then you use your own shortcuts, it will load your own game.ini files and your settings will each be saved.
Just to note using -GAMEINI= doesn’t put the file in the same location as above, it puts the “anothergame.ini” in here for some reason;
\steam\steamapps\common\Tower Unite\Tower\Binaries\Win64\Anothergame.ini

I hope that helps.

1 Like

Not related to your question, but if your daughter is not an adult, you may want to look into the parental settings. Certain condos can have explicit images, and is not monitored by the creators of the game. You can turn off viewing custom canvases in the settings so she wont be exposed to such things. Best wishes.

1 Like

Thank you Sylvan, I did go through the settings to make it more child friendly. I also turned off voice chat as I have heard some things that made me blush, lol.

1 Like

Thanks Mattio. I set the launch option on my account in the Properties option on Steam. I don’t use shortcuts but I think since we each launch the game from our own Steam accounts this will work.

1 Like

Awesome! I did think about that last night I was going to leave a comment about that now :stuck_out_tongue: Since I don’t have two Steam accounts I couldn’t check but if the startup command saves for each account then that’s much better, glad there was a solution for you :slight_smile:

1 Like