[0.8.8.1] Increased object scale "wave" effect on canvas walls

A scaled up canvas wall can display multiple frames at once, instead of multiple copies of the same frame. I think this is a bug.

This video shows how an animated canvas wall that has been scaled will show the next frame of the sprite sheet on the next tile. When extended to be 3x size, it shows three numbers and so on.

Untitled

I saw someone on the Reddit having an issue with this because it can cause a “wave” or “rolling” effect with textures for things like water or lava. I loaded up the Minecraft lava texture to use as an example of how it looks.

They look fine up close, but when looking from a significant distance it is very noticeable.
1 Like

I’ll investigate this.

1 Like

I didn’t think this was a bug when I asked about it on Reddit. It could be useful in some situations, though, so I think it might be a good idea to add a little checkbox or something in the edit menu for whether you want it to be synced up or roll, since the rolling effect does look nice.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.