[0.6.5.2] My Game Freezes a Lot

My game freezes for a couple frames constantly. I can freeze around 20 times per match of Virus, and it effects the whole game. It seems like it freezes when it has to load a section of a map, or a lot of props at once. A few examples are loading a section of Desertion, loading in all of my condo items at once, or loading a store in the plaza. It also seems to happen when getting slightly close with a playermodel and quickly turning, though not always. This affects every playermodel, even the Virus infected and Little Crusaders dragon.

Do you run on an SSD?

I do.

Hmm, that’s weird. I play TU on the highest settings and my game normally doesn’t freezes.

I just tried updating my graphics drivers, lowering the graphics setting, and verifying TU’s game files, but I think it freezes more than it did before. I just played a 30 second round of Virus on Overtime and my game froze almost 10 times.

Have you tried running a diagnostic on your SSD. Are the read speeds good?

If the SSD is ruled out then maybe a reinstall might do.

Also have you tried clearing workshop cache?

I just tried checking my SSD for any errors and it seems fine. I haven’t tried clearing workshop cache, so I’ll do that before I reinstall the game.

I reset the cache and the game freezes less, but it’s still a bit annoying. I’m going to try reinstalling now.

I tried reinstalling, and I think it got worse again. It seems to freeze the same amount of time and the freezes are always around 5 frames long instead of 1 or 2 frames long, like they were before.

Maybe try running it off a HDD and see if there’s any difference, to rule out the SSD causing it completely.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.