[0.6.0.1] Crashing on the plaza randomly

Alright. Yeah, just click on whatever drive you had TU installed on (C: by default) and search for “Tower” and go through and make sure there aren’t any left over folders or file left after uninstalling. I would assume there’s nothing else on your computer with a name that has Tower in it, but regardless, be careful what you delete. Make sure it’s actually only related to Tower Unite, and not something else.

Also, I’d try searching around for people having issues with Unreal engine games crashing that have your graphics card. Maybe it’s not an issue with Tower Unite, specifically, maybe it’s an issue with the Unreal engine and your graphics card.

EDIT: I found this Can't Equip equippables, acessories or hear people in the voice chat

It involves none of the issues you’re having, but they were saying they were the only one getting those issues. So since you seem to be the only one having random hangs no matter what you do, maybe it’s Steam related. Highly unlikely, but a last ditch effort if we need to go there.

EDIT 2: Also, you’ve said you’ve reinstalled and then verified the game cache, but have you tried just verifying it after a hang happens? Maybe there’s an issue with anti-virus interfering. Cannot start game? Read here

I mean at this point, I’m really just shooting in the dark, but everything is always worth a try. You never know what might actually work, despite your doubts.