[0.17.10.0] Workshop object desync from guests in Condo

This bug is pretty old and have existed since last year in the summer when I got into Tower Unite and it’s one of bugs that prevents me from enjoying Condo feature to the fullest because it happens so frequently.

Steps to Reproduce

Play in someone’s condo as guest with workshop permissions and place workshop items. Then change them to anything you find on steam workshop and they may appear as boxes to owner and other guests during the same session.

What I expected to happen

I expect workshop items to match what you chose for others to see.

What happened

Screenshot 1: This is friend’s view here. Friend has placed four workshop items on the table.

Screenshot 2: My view of the same workshop items; some remained as boxes for me. Their positions appears unchanged as well. (Item properties part may be fixed now)

Notes

• If you place the workshop items yourself and others see them as boxes- leaving + coming back will make them appear as boxes for you as well.
1 Like

Several updates ago there was a bug fix for workshop models placed down and not being set showing as boxes.

When you are setting workshop models:

• Does the owner of the condo set the model and it shows up as a box for others?
  • Does a co-op condo player set the model and it shows up as a box?

Are these models downloading for you? Or already downloaded?

• Does the owner of the condo set the model and it shows up as a box for others?

I just realized I haven’t actually tested scenarios where [host] places the workshop items- just that I’ve seen this from both sides for non-host player placing workshop items. I however did test selecting workshop items myself as host on alone session and they all appeared fine on re-enter- I will test this with someone soon as I can!

• Does a co-op condo player set the model and it shows up as a box?

Definitely. It has happened in these scenarios:

Scenario A: In my friend’s condo, I was given permissions to select workshop items and they showed up as boxes to my friend.

Scenario B: In my condo, I gave my friend the permissions to place workshop items; 3 of 4 them showed up as box on my end. They weren’t downloading either.

• Are these models downloading for you? Or already downloaded?

They didn’t download for me when my friend selected them in my condo. They just simply stayed as boxes even when I re-enter my condo. It doesn’t happen 100% of time but it happens a lot. I was within close rendering range next to my friend when he picked the workshop items

1 Like

Update: I tested this once more but as Host with a friend helping me test.

This time I placed 10 workshop items and changed them all to these. My friend told me he can see all of them appearing just fine.

My friend’s screenshot

I think this is an issue with non-host players using workshop items specifically then?

In addition- I recalled all of times when I visited friends’ condos and I remember I was able to see everything that host placed but we (all of non-host ones) constantly see each other’s workshop items as boxes. It all makes sense now

1 Like

As of [0.17.9.1]- the bug still remains.

Non-host friend’s view after changing 5 box objects to workshop items themselves.
Screenshot_2600

This is what I see as host/owner of Condo.
Screenshot_2601

[0.17.10.0] Bug is still present.

I asked a guest to set five steam workshop items to something and it doesn’t always work.

2 Likes