[0.16.5.0] Physics-al Media items no longer respect "Simulate physics on respawn" rule

Physics-al Media items no longer respect “Simulate physics on respawn” rule, and instead behave as if the rule is always set to “Yes”, causing existing arrangements to break.

Steps to Reproduce

1. Place a physics-al media item into a condo, ideally in a place and in a position where any movement would be obvious i.e. vertically, on a ledge, etc.
  2. Set it to respawn on throw, but do not enable simulate physics on respawn.
  3. Exit and re-enter condo.
    This was tested in the default condo.

What I expected to happen

I expected that my arrangement of 168 physics-al media items on a custom-made shelf would remain in the positions they had been placed in before the most recent update (0.16.5.0). They had remained in place through several exits and reloads in the last patch.

What happened

Upon loading into my Highrise condo for the first time in 0.16.5.0, all of the physics-al media items I had placed have been scattered onto the ground, in some cases phasing through other objects/exploding out of a closed case. Despite the physics-al media items having pre-existing locations they were set to respawn to, picking up and throwing the items would not reset them to their old positions.

Notes / Media

I believe this is because the only way these items stop simulating on condo load is when they are locked. I’ve updated it so both Locked state and the Simulate Physics On Respawn state is accounted for now. So if you have Simulate Physics On Respawn turned off, it won’t simulate on condo load.

This will be in the hot fix.

2 Likes

Oh thank goodness, my entire library is exploded across my condo.
I was not looking forward to starting that over