[0.14.4.1] Text input bugs

When I play TU, text input will regularly stop working as it’s supposed to. Backspace is erratic and the game’s in-game keybinds, that usually switch off when I’m typing in a text field, do not switch off.

Steps to Reproduce

This happens randomly, but I get it a lot when playing with Proton. I am running the game through Proton 6.3-6 on Xubuntu 20.04 LTS. I’ve been told by people I play with that this occasionally happens on regular Windows, too.

What I expected to happen

When I click on a text field or open text chat, all the in-game binds are disabled until I hit enter or click away.

What happened

-Text chat does not disable in-game keybinds, and I keep opening up menus, switching equipment on my hotbar, and opening menus.
-Notably, the bind for dying isn’t affected in text chat, but is affected in other text fields.
-While this happens, hitting backspace is also broken. It will either not input a backspace at all or inputs a backspace multiple times.
-This happens multiple times a session, going away and returning every now and then.
-I’m not sure if this is related to the game, but steam overlay will also go into frequent moments where it will not take any text input at all, and I have to alt-tab to do what I typically do with steam overlay.
-Shortcuts, such as Ctrl+A, Ctrl+C, and Ctrl+V, and such, do not work when the game is in this state. I have to manually select with the mouse and open the right-click menu to copy-paste.

1 Like