[0.14.1.2] Mic doesn't work for 1~2 minutes after joining any server

After joining and going to Central Plaza, your microphone works for some and doesn’t work for some

Steps to Reproduce

1. Join server
  2. Try to talk with anyone
  3. they’ll say that your mic is not working and vice versa.
  4. after 1~2 minutes, from pressing X too many times, it starts working again, and sometimes you have to rejoin the server to fix it.

What I expected to happen

To be able to hear users and they also be able to hear me, without the wait for the game mic to start working again.

What happened

I could hear only a few users, while i couldn’t hear others when they were clearly speaking.

Notes / Media

The users who were telling me this were my friends, not blocked/muted.
An example would be like this:
I join any server, and there’s 3 friends of mine talking and i decide to join the convo in plaza, user A can be heard by user B and C, but not me, while the only user who can hear me is user C. After a few minutes, we can all hear each other.
Theory: sometimes it can be fixed if the users having this problem are able press the voice chat button at the same time, if it doesn’t work after 5 minutes, you have to rejoin the server or change servers.
My guess is that it could be connection related, im not sure.

Edit: this is not just happening to the same people, this is happening to anyone i talk to, its a 50/50 chance that they can hear me. Text chat works fine

Edit2: Another fix is to press K to respawn, and they’ll be able to hear you again, may not work sometimes.

1 Like

We are currently looking into this issue.

2 Likes