[0.14.0.1] (Overall Crash Issue) Major Crash Issue ONLY During Minigolf

I’m not quite sure where to post this, but the bug forum seemed most apt.

During other gameplay, the game runs and works fine. I can spend hours in the plaza, arcade, doing basically anything that isn’t minigolf. I am unsure as to what the main issue is, but I can play minigolf for anywhere between like one hole and six holes, after which my entire rig crashes. This is particularly weird to me considering I don’t run into this issue anywhere else that I can find.

As far as how to reproduce the bug, what I expected to happen, etc. I’m sure you can gleam from the above description. I don’t know what is causing the issue— again, it isn’t a software crash. It is a full hardware crash that turns the whole laptop off for some reason. This issue has not occurred in any other game that I have played or owned, only with specifically Tower Unite minigolf.

Specs for the laptop, (I apologize for the Amazon link, turns out Predator modified the original product page when they started producing the new versions with the 20- and 30- GTX series in them) in case that’s relevant:
Nvidia 1060 GTX w/ 6GB VRAM
Intel Core i7-7700HQ CPU (4 Cores, 8 Logical Processors)
16GB RAM
Windows 10 Home Edition

The laptop itself has some problems occasionally:

• while idling for too long, sometimes it’ll just blue screen. It does not make any sense why it does this, I’ve tried fixing it for months, I don’t get it.
  • while moving the laptop, sometimes it’ll blue screen. Again, makes no sense, I’ve spent months trying to fix it, I don’t get it.
  • while not being on charger, sometimes the laptop itself will just shut off as though it has no charge. No idea what is going on here.
    I’ve sent it in for repairs on all these before and they persisted once it got back, so those are to be kept in mind moving forward.

I’m at a loss for what exactly could be causing it. Here’s a list of things I’ve tried changing to see if it would fix it to no avail:

• removing the secondary monitor I use, proving it isn’t that specifically.
  • monitoring temperatures, proving that it isn’t the system temp being too high. Other games like Halo run hotter than Tower during minigolf, so that isn’t it.
  • ensuring it was running on the NVIDIA card instead of integrated graphics, which solved nothing other than the poor framerate I was getting.

At this point, the only thing I can think it may be is an issue with memory overflow/overload on the game’s end of things or the laptop’s end of things, but seeing as it does not happen with other games I feel as though it is most likely on the game’s ends.

I know this bug seems as though it may be extremely circumstantial considering my pre-existing issues with this laptop, but it actively hinders my ability to play the game with friends— the only reason I have the game. Please let me know if you can think of anything, and please also feel free to reach out to me for further information regarding the crash and such, as I will provide anything I can to help. Thank you.

1 Like

Have you tried verifying your game files? You can do this by going to your Steam library, right clicking Tower Unite, then clicking properties. From there, click on “Local Files” and “Verify integrity of game files.” If this didn’t work, then it must be something with your computer. Are you the one hosting the Mini-Golf servers or are you joining other servers? I would try monitoring your PC hardware while playing Mini-Golf by using something like MSI-Afterburner to see if that can help track down the problem, as it could be easy to figure out if its an issue with your processor, or anything else.

1 Like

Tried to verify the game files and still got a crash in a single player game. Normally, though, I do not host. I’m gonna try monitoring my hardware usage next and I’ll report back after that, but honestly yeah it has to be something with the PC at this point.