[0.13.15.1+] Drivable Boat is Broken

This is going against guidelines as there are multiple bugs attached to the Drivable Boat however all of them are related to a single act and as such to prevent a slew of near copy-paste threads, will be in a single thread.

1. The boat does not float on water and sinks.
  2. The physical boat is disconnected from its seating (and appears to use RC vehicle code.)
  3. After driving, the boat permanently leaves a control prompt to leave the seat, even after respawning and sitting in other boat seats.
  4. It appears that the boat is very prone to desync.
  5. The boat is detected on radar and after being driven, is permanently labeled as the last player who drove it (excluding the client) as if it was an active RC vehicle.

Steps to Reproduce

Enter the drivers seat of the Drivable Boat.

What I expected to happen

The Drivable Boat to float on the water and be driven around with me and others inside it.

What happened

The boat does not float and is physically disconnected from its seats, leaving the captain/passengers awkwardly floating over the launch pad. It leaves a prompt on the screen which is undesirable. It also became the source of rubberbanding for clients as the boat would be in a different position than on the server

Notes / Media

3 Likes

I will be fixing this and the raft.

1 Like

This is now resolved in the next update.

2 Likes