[0.15.0.1] Reflections weird in some locations of the Plaza

This post mainly goes on about how certain locations don’t have cubemaps, which looks a bit odd at times, and how the cubemaps are being generated with all sections of the plaza loaded, even ones that are normally unloaded unless an event is happening, like the Halloween, Christmas, or Holiday plaza decorations, or something like the SnowArena since it’s above the map and not below like most of the other areas that are streamed in/out normally.

There’s a few locations that have wack reflections. So sorta piggybacking off of this post, I’m gonna drop some of the ones I’ve noticed here.

The Tower Lobby is just white.

Jungle/Minigame Area doesn’t have any, so it just uses the one in the center of the main plaza.

Neither of the Pool SIde Houses have any, but Oasis does.

The Beach Side Pond does’t have any, so when moving the camera while fishing it can be a bit jarring seeing the tower reflecting from the wrong direction.

The upper glass section of the Outdoor Art Exhibits and Seasons show up as white. (And also the tower is there twice, which I just noticed. It’s white in the east stores cubemap, but not the west one.)

In front of Central Circuit it’s mostly white.

Most of the Boardwalk uses the default center plaza one.

which is sorta weird because there is a cubemap for the Boardwalk, but it’s only over the middle glass thing over the water.

Project 12 also doesn’t have any.

And those are all the ones that I’ve found that aren’t super nitpicky regarding the zoning/positioning of them.

3 Likes

This is cool and all but what are you holding?

Throwable Bowling Ball with the Chrome Bowling Ball equipped.

1 Like

Spoon

5 Likes

Umbre got a spoon emoticon.

5 Likes

Happy Cake Day!

Okay, so this is sorta quirky. Right now (0.12.2.2) the Halloween reflections are still there, but so are the Holiday ones as well.

2 Likes

As of version 0.13.3.2, the wrong cubemaps seem still to be there.

I’m looking at the waterway between the tower and the minigame pad facing the latter.

3 Likes

As with the other cubemaps having the Halloween, Christmas, and Winter sections streamed in, now that SnowArena has been repositioned to be directly above the tower and not off over the other island, it too is now clearly visible in the cubemaps around the Plaza.

D.I.Y. handles the transition fade between the lobby cubemap and the one for the store a lot less gracefully than Tower Threads does. You have to go about all the way, almost to the back of the store to get it to transition. A majority of D.I.Y. will show a super skewed version of the lobby cubemap.

1 Like