[0.11.0.0] Condo Canvas Bug

I’ve noticed with placing canvases on certain locations - for an example, a picture over a laptop monitor. Sometimes other players will see something different from the host. Usually to fix this, you can try pulling the canvas out just a little bit more and it’ll fix it for everyone. Can make it tricky though for designing homes since others may not see what you do.

A more frustrating example is a new issue I’ve encountered. I’m using a canvas on a table as a mousepad and every time I leave my home, the mousepad appears much lower than the table when re-entering - but only for other players. In order to fix it, I have to completely re-make the table under it for it to pop back up.

For reference I’m using a regular canvas (transparency) on a wooden bar table.

Can provide screenshots and further details if requested.

2 Likes

Sounds like the “Rounding Bug” strikes again. Its when numbers like XYZ coordinates and scales are rounded up or down only for guests, which messes up precise measurements

1 Like

That’s what I was thinking because the table is set to .85 height rather than the default 1.00.
I believe the game simply isn’t seeing the table at the modified height for guests.

edit: I tested this and sure enough, the default height fixes the problem. It doesn’t have the same visual look so it is only a workaround. For whatever reason the wooden bar table doesn’t seem to like height scaling when it comes to items on it. Not sure if this effects other tables and surfaces.

edit2: this bug is also happening with regular bookshelves. everyone sees things on top as clipping badly when on my screen they aren’t.

edit3: its happening with almost any object I change the vertical height of. wooden dining table 2 as well.

Only workaround so far is to keep vertical heights at default.

2 Likes