[0.10.2.1] Condo Ban from Steam ID Not Working

I’ve spoken to a few people about this and they’ve had the same problem: unless someone is in your condo at the moment, you can’t ban them. I’ve had a few people come in a few times but I don’t always catch them when I’m working on my condo but by then I have things like:

Man Screams at Yellow Paint for An Hour playing on all 7 televisions.
All 105 of my Metal Melons cast out to sea.
All 12 of my Soccer balls cast out to sea.
All 6 of my Basketballs cast out to sea.
All 12 of my workshop physics items cast out to sea.
All 6 of my beach balls cast out to sea.
All 6 of my hockey pucks cast out to sea.
All 6 of my rafts cast out to sea.

While I can control whether or not consumables can be done, when it takes 2 minutes to ban a person from your condo by the time it loads, the rest are jumping ship. You have the option to paste a Steam ID but you don’t have the option to be able to use it. It tells you it’s unable to use the Steam ID. I know that the ban option on the Name > Click menu exists, but I’ve had problems with that working, as well. And there are some people that have a less-than-savory reputation we share Steam IDs about and just would like to ban anyway.

Can you please get it working?

Edit: I’d like to also amend this to say that I wish that ban reasons were sent to the community manager so that if someone is getting repeatedly banned for being racist / sexist / incindiary / etc. consistently that would otherwise go against the community guidelines, their ability to go into condos is at least temporarily revoked.

I’d also like for someone who is blocked not to be able to see what you say in Global or other chats because it’s ridiculous when you have someone blocked and you don’t want to listen to them that they pop off in Global as a response to something you said and then you have to listen to Global react to something you can’t see.

5 Likes

i think Steam ID is somewhere eligible to change when i was playing CSGO.

however, this should be somewhere changed, really. or at least let those condo items eligible to call back through inventory.

Bruh, that’s a whole other can of worms. The Tab > Settings > Find Items menu is atrocious because it isn’t consistent. Especially because of the wonky physics of the metal melons or most physics items (which can pass through layers of solid objects), I have to go in there often to retrieve items anyway. I just never know where on the list it is going to be. Things are not organized by store or event, by number on map, by distance, by name… We were thinking it might be an item number, but it wouldn’t explain why it moves around on the menu. Sometimes when I first put something down it will be 10 rows from the bottom and then work its way to the top and eventually fall in the middle. Sometimes I’ll add another plush to Llama-Alpaca-Ram Ridge and it will move the melons to the top. Sometimes I’ll put the rings back on the cone and it will move the physics items all the way to the bottom. Sometimes they just move. Haven’t figured out the rhyme or reason, but it is really hard to use if you don’t have a bunch of the same item.