[0.10.1.0] Fatal Error Opening Laptop

LowLevelFatalError [File:Unknown] [Line: 1114]
GameThread timed out waiting for RenderThread after 1800.30 secs

https://mega.nz/folder/j15z0Z7D#RO13xvFJCDUb10XFp55M6w

Soileil loves you

3 Likes

Edit: Oops, you’re saying I closed it before it properly closed. I guess this goes under, “TU Never Closes,” then.

We’ve already been through this, though. I was the one that you had go through all that diag and you verified my machine was at least enough to handle it.

I’m not able to find a minidump from the mega link.

Here is the link again, but I can try to re-upload it from my laptop https://mega.nz/folder/j15z0Z7D#RO13xvFJCDUb10XFp55M6w ?

The link that it gave after I re-uploaded it (in case different): https://mega.nz/folder/j15z0Z7D#RO13xvFJCDUb10XFp55M6w

Here is a picture of the crash dump here

Files inside:

Previous upload:

Getting over-written:

New Upload:

A Shot of Dalmore:

2 Likes

Looking in the crash dump shows that it is crashing in the engine code as opposed to our game code. Judging from the crash reason you already supplied:

GameThread timed out waiting for RenderThread after 1800.30 secs,

It is very likely that the graphics driver crashed. In the other thread you posted you showed that your laptop has an RTX 2060 graphics card, which I assume is more than capable of running the game. I have two suggestions:

1. Double check that your laptop is actually using the RTX graphics card for rendering the game as opposed to built-in Intel integrated graphics, the latter being not suitable for games;
  2. Update your graphics drivers.
2 Likes

My graphics card is up-to-date according to the NVIDIA control panel but I genuinely cannot remember how to check whether it is being used. I’ve turned on the GPU monitor so if it happens again, I’ll let you know either way. Thanks for the help! I know spot-by-spot debugging can’t be easy =(

It is engaging the GPU during gameplay generally, but the error didn’t get re-created this morning

I just realized that one of the files mentions that the primary GPU of your system is Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630, which is the Intel integrated graphics I was talking about. I suggest you look at the power management options in your Windows settings to see if there are power saving options enabled that could throttle the system performance.

I’m not sure, but I recall there being power saving options available in the Nvidia Control Panel that affect the GPU selection.

1 Like

I’m only replying to this so I have a place to refer back to in case it happens again (notes to self). I’m going to follow the troubleshoot for Dells to make the NVIDIA the primary, hopefully it will help others. Genuinely not sure how it got to be not primary since that doesn’t make any sense for anything I do.

Adjusted images for performance

3D Global Settings changed from auto-select to high-performance

3D Program Settings changed from auto-slect to high-performance

Configured Surround, PhysX from auto-select to GeForce RTX2060

Changed Battery Boost to Off

Memory Diagnostic notes [0.9.0.0] Fatal Error at start

1 Like

Notes from Conversation with Roy/ / / /

How to Change Steam Language to English
Open Steam, navigate to top menu: Steam > Settings

Steam > Library . Right-click on Tower Unite in the left-hand menu and select “Properties”

Interface > Select Language

How to Verify Game Files

Local Files > Verify Integrity of Game files

If the files are corrupt / cannot be verified, you may need to uninstall and reinstall.

How to Run the Memory Diagnostics

Open Command Prompt as an Administrator

!

Perform a Check Disk (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/administration/windows-commands/chkdsk)

Enter: chkdsk c: /c /f [Note: if you are running off a disk volume other than the C: drive, you will need to put that letter in instead of the c before the : .]

Enter Y

Close window and restart

After reload, go into Event Viewer > Windows Logs > Application

Click “Find” on the right-hand side, look for (capitalization is important) Wininit

If you find errors listed under general tab, redo the memory check and repeat until there are no errors.

Versus

If you’re still having problems, you may want to run chkdsk c: /f without the /c so it doesn’t skip anything.

I don’t know if it’s possible for you to get a fatal error without loading the game, but the last step we tried was this: