Zombie Massacre Beta is now available!
Zombie Massacre is a new top-down cooperative Game World. Play with up to 6 players (with singleplayer mode available) and survive the apocalypse.
Each character class has unique items and special powerful abilities.
In this beta, there's 3 unique levels, 5 character classes, 32 weapons, 4 monster types, and one boss. We plan to expand on this Game World with new bosses later on.
Please be aware, as this is a beta, there will be bugs and balancing issues. We've been testing the game for awhile now and gathered feedback from various playtesting, but we haven't gotten your feedback yet! We have opened a section on our forums to report bugs and provide feedback here: http://forums.pixeltailgames.com/c/zombie-massacre-beta
- The theatre sign was updated to show thumbnails and text ticker of what videos are currently playing.
- The visuals in the movie theatre lobby and furniture store have been improved.
- The visuals in the game world port area were improved.
- A “new” tag was added for items which were recently added in stores.
- A new glass fading system was added, which will use a dithering effect to block out geometry behind the glass, and will gradually disappear as the player gets closer to the glass pane.
- Implemented many LODs to help with performance.
- Lightmaps were reduced to improve performance and help reduce loading times, while not compromising visual quality.
- Dynamic shadow performance was improved, by disabling it on objects that don’t require it.
- Central Circuit was added to the level streaming list, and the High Roller room in the Casino now only streams in once you enter the Casino, rather than on plaza join.
Media Player Bug Fixes
- Updated the browser to fix YouTube playback issues. Note: Due to this change we had to temporarily disable Twitch support.
New Items & Item Fixes
We have around 115 new items to share with you all!
Condo Polishing & Bug Fixes
Lobby One Suite
Minigolf Polishing and Bugfixes
Virus Polishing and Bugfixes
Virus Bug Fixes
Gameworld Bug Fixes
- Fixed a bug with all Game World scoreboards sometimes showing an additional round at the end.
- Predicted "ready" button for waiting for players.
Other Notable Changes
- Added a block/banned list to the Condo "C" menu panel. Now you can manage who you've banned or add new bans from in-game
- Improved flashlight logic: it's now predicted and less of a network burden
- Added gameplay tips to each Game World's waiting for player screens. This should be useful to new players.
- Added a payout history to the pause menu that shows all recent payouts during your gameplay session. This currently only works for Game Worlds and some Lobby activities.
You can follow our current developments on our Trello:
You can follow our weekly developer logs here:
You can report bugs on our forums:
Or you may also report bugs on our Steam community, but please expect slow response time.