• Video tutorial
  • Workshop community guidelines
  • Write up development tool guide
  • Example models
  • Rig link
## Browser
  • Workshop Browser: Sorting
  • Workshop Browser: Page support
  • Workshop Browser: Change the favorite icon to something else when you can unfavorite items
  • Workshop Browser - Bug: The action text when selecting an item does not show up
  • Workshop browser
  • Workshop browser: Showing details on items (created time, creator name, etc.)
  • Workshop browser: Searching
  • Workshop browser: Searching by types/tags
  • Workshop browser: Voting
  • Workshop browser: Sorting searches
  • Workshop browser: Favoriting
  • Workshop browser: Downloading
  • Workshop Browser: Tags
  • Workshop browser: Context-based opening (open browser to see only items, or to see only player models)
## In-Game Editor
  • In-Game Editor - Bug: When you import a model, the metadata UI doesn't show up automatically
  • In-Game Editor - Bug: When you import a model, the metadata UI doesn't show up automatically
  • In-Game Editor: Save metadata when you click on the upload button (just for better usability)
  • In-Game Editor: Improve wearable offset editing (display a damn hat when you edit them!!
  • In-Game Editor: Improve wearable offset editing (display a damn hat when you edit them!!
  • In-Game Editor: Check models for any errors (polygon limit, size limit) before uploading. Vertices limit is currently 30k. Size limit is 40mb.
  • In-Game Editor: Allow updating workshop files (currently you can only update information, not the file itself)
  • In-Game Editor: Allow updating workshop files (currently you can only update information, not the file itself)
  • In-Game Editor: Add animation previewing so you can see what the model will look like with certain animations being applied
  • In-Game Editor: Allow preview of uploaded models
  • In-Game Editor: Add a help button with a link to a guide and a link to the rig
  • In-Game Editor: Loading asset UI
  • In-Game Editor: Editing metadata (hat offsets, player scale, etc.)
  • In-Game Editor - Bug: Workshop id isn't set when the upload is finished
  • In-Game Editor: Importing
  • In-Game Editor: Previewing models
  • In-Game Editor: Viewing past uploads
  • In-Game Editor: Updating past uploads
  • In-Game Editor: Creating and uploading a new item
  • In-Game Editor: Uploading icon
  • In-Game Editor: Tag support
  • In-Game Editor: Ensure files are valid, check all inputs
  • In-Game Editor: Previewing static models
  • In-Game Editor: Multi-thread the importing/compiling process
  • In-Game Editor: Better camera tools to preview
  • In-Game Editor: Display some basic import stats
  • In-Game Editor: Display import/compiler logs
  • In-Game Editor: Display warnings from importing (show errors, show if you are missing textures, large polygon count, large file size, etc.)
  • In-Game Editor: Renaming assets
  • In-Game Editor: Removing assets
  • In-Game Editor - Bug: Prevent opening multiple import dialogs (also add a UI to tell the user there is a dialog open)
  • In-Game Editor - Bug: Camera spazzes out when you max the camera up or down
  • In-Game Editor: Weapon offset editing
  • In-Game Editor: Add wrist and neck wearable offsets
  • In-Game Editor: Add prompt before switching models to save metadata
## Player Model
  • Player Model: Add support for Virus, Zombie Massacre, and Ball Race (with a user setting to disable workshop models in game worlds)
  • Player Model: Add support for Bowling
  • Player Model - Bug: Particle wearables are very offset
  • Player Model: Wearable offsets (so you can adjust the hats better)
  • Player Model: Weapon offset (so you can adjust weapons better)
  • Player Model: Disable in Laser Tag
  • Player Model - Bug: Solve respawning issue (where it loads the model again)
  • Player Model: Add a way to see what you are currently wearing in the UI
  • Player Model: Show a UI that you are loading your own player model
  • Player Model: Finish defining all the animations for workshop support
  • Player Model - Bug: Weapon positions are off
  • Player Model - Bug: Materials are messed up sometimes
  • Player Model - Bug Fix: Montages aren't compatible (weapon animations, emotes)
  • Player Model: Creating skeletal mesh
  • Player Model: Loading and setting on the character
  • Player Model: Replicating (networking) what other players are wearing and downloading it on the fly
  • Player Model: See what other players are wearing from the scoreboard
  • Player Model: Support wearables (hats, etc.)
  • Add meta data to allow creators to set custom size scales and hat offsets
  • Player Model: Show a loading indicator on pending player models
  • Player Model - Bug Fix: Ragdoll
  • Player Model: Make a method to stop wearing a workshop model
  • Player Model - Bug Fix: Scaling
  • Player Model - Bug Fix: Resolve color issues (the old color system is interacting with workshop materials badly)
  • Player Model - Scale support (from metadata that creators define)
  • Player Model: Potion support from custom scale
  • Player Model: When you block and item or player from workshop loading, it'll automatically clear the model
  • Player Model: Remove player model scale and make it a general item scale
  • Player Model - Bug: Workshop models don't save properly
  • Player Model - Bug: Workshop model scales doesn't work in dedicated
  • Player Model - Bug: When removing a workshop model, your scale does not get reset!
  • Player Model - Bug: When removing a workshop model, other clients dont get the remove
  • Player Model - Bug: When you block a model, it needs to unload it
  • Player Model - Bug: When an item has failed to load, clear the loading icon
  • Player Model: Enforce offset limits on the client
## Items
  • Item - Bug: Physics based workshop items have no collision
  • Item - Bug: When setting a workshop item the item itself does not have collision
  • Item: Show a loading indicator on pending items
  • Item: Inventory item that loads workshop items (basically like a canvas, but it loads workshop models)
  • Item: Physics-enabled workshop inventory item
  • Item: Being able to edit workshop inventory item and set the workshop item (just like a canvas)
  • Item: Finalize metadata for future workshop item interactions
  • Item - Bug: When updating items, it always says ID instead of the actual name of the item
  • Item - Bug: When dragging the item around, the ghost is not the workshop model, but the stand in model
  • Item - Bug: Item highlight effect does not work on workshop models
  • Copy Cat support

Attachments

16 Likes

I can’t wait for this.

7 Likes

I can’t, either. Workshop Support will make this game so much better!

I’d love to make tons of mods for this game, so hopefully the tools in the Editor SDK will provide enough functionality for some of my craziest mod ideas.

4 Likes

This would be the most lit if we could make maps for mini golf

6 Likes

It is planned for custom game world maps… I think…

Question:
Is it going to work like the GMOD’s one or the CSGO’s one (I mean, do we have to vote to add things or it’s free to add wathever we could see on there

I believe you will be free to add whatever you’d like, seeing as what you add isn’t a main part of the game, unlike CSGO.

1 Like

But what would the game do about errors like Gmod? If say one person subscribes to an object model to place in their condo, and if your not subscribed to the object model, what would it look like? Would there be an error sign, or would nothing just show at all in that spot?

I assume it would just show UE4’s missing texture file. The error sign was the source engines missing texture file and the blue grid wall is UE4s

[ul][li]The attachment “workshop.png” has been added to the card.[/li][/ul]

7 Likes

Ooo

I hope the workshop will be like Gmod’s one where you subscribe to stuff you want.

2 Likes

Think this will this let us make custom courses for games, or even custom games? Or maybe the details are misunderstood (thinking of it like workshop mods for other games, where you can create almost anything)

Would love to create golf courses. Maybe if users are given the ability to, devs could select/fine-tune courses to even add officially o:

For now it’s planned to have playermodels you can equip and items you can place at your condo.

2 Likes

I mean, that is how the workshop works for every game ever, so…yeah.

2 Likes

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell, I mean, not really.
Certain games instead handpick workshop submissions and implement them officially. Ex. TF2.

4 Likes

Wait. So Phase 2 will include custom playermodels… How would that work with hats and accessories in the game? Why buy them if you could just make them yourself?

I’m sure they’d still have to be accepted for use in game, that way to avoid lewd or flat-out lazily made playermodels.
Similar to the milk carton I’m sure certain cosmetics wouldn’t be compatible, however depending on rig (human skeleton) they would.

IIRC you’ll be able to download and use any of the models (I think they said so on the stream)
And it’s not like accessories are super expensive to begin with

1 Like

But what about the paper crown?

2 Likes