Will there be a setting to disable workshop?

I don’t like the idea of steam workshop in tower unite so when workshop gets release, is there anyway i can disable the workshop.

Definitely. You’d go through the content controls, or parental controls.

1 Like

Good, I don’t need to see an anime, pony, and furry skins. Thank god.

3 Likes

I believe they acknowledged this point on the latest stream and said you won’t see others custom skins unless you’re subbed to them as well. So really, you’re fine either way.

I’d like to think there would be some level of moderation on the workshop, so there probably won’t be anything too weird on there anyway.

We discussed this in a stream, but the plan is to have ways to filter out what workshop addons you see easily. So, yes, you can disable it in parts or entirely.

I explained more in detail in this post:

3 Likes

Ok good, I’m glad by default skins download automatically.

I always though the TU workshop would be like Team Fortress 2’s or CS:GO’s workshop where people make playermodels, maps, etc and if they were good enough; they would be accepted into the game as content, not like Garry’s Mod where you have to subscribe to them and then you can use them ingame.

1 Like

I would personally prefer that for quality control, to be honest.

1 Like

Then theres the problem of copyright and people just ripping models from other games, I wouldn’t mind a rip of male_07 from HL2 though.

I vastly prefer the planned system. It allows for much more player expression and completely avoids the entire copyright thing. (If it’s the users uploading the stuff, the company won’t get into trouble for it- just look at Tabletop sim and Garry’s mod)

1 Like