Why did I get VAC banned when I got my GMT trophies?

Hello everyone,

I only just signed up to the forum today so I am extremely sorry if this is in the incorrect location as the description for “Ban Reports” is irrelevant to this question. I signed into Steam this morning and was told that I was VAC banned from the Tower Unite servers, yet I only bought a few canvases plus a cabinet to put my trophies on. I am really unimpressed that I was banned for playing the game and I hope someone can help me.

Many thanks,
LachlanRGaming

If you want to appeal your ban, do it through private messages as stated by MacDGuy

Now maybe your ban is simply an error, but I would still contact MacDGuy, Caboose700 or Noodleneck to get further information about it.

We do not issue VAC bans, and we cannot override them.

You may have been running software that VAC did not agree with.

For more information on VAC, here’s a link to the Valve Anti-Cheat System (VAC) Knowledge Base.

2 Likes

The only people that can remove a vac ban are valve, if you didn’t have cheat engine open or some shit send steam support a ticket.

VAC bans have an undetermined delay before they actually activate, so as to prevent cheaters finding out which game they were detected on, and with what tools.

Think back up to two months or so ago, and consider if you were running any VAC protected games whilst using a questionable program.

6 Likes