Why are we not able to edit old posts

posts that reach a specific age in days can no longer be edited, and I have no idea why…

Eh, I could see many reasons why, probably because it’s a past topic and people have already seen/ replied to it.

I do feel topics/posts should be edited/deleted for a while, but after a long period of time (a week? a month?) you can’t edit them anymore. The current limit is just a bit too short in my opinion.

people can use things you posted in the past against youu but you don’t believe what you said back then anymore because people can change opinionsssss but you have your old post so that is proof
ugh

1 Like

It seems the max amount of time you have to edit a post is 24 hours. I never even realised it was such a short amount of time, but I’ve also never felt the need to edit a post after 24 hours.

Weird, you used to be able to do that. I used to edit my Projection Mapping posts months after originally posting them. I kind of hope this feature makes a return…

1 Like

Good solution, if we won’t get rid of this entirely, is to not have this restriction count for thread OPs. Really no point having that for them.

2 Likes

Ik. I always feel bad bothering Caboose.