What's your first reactions about tower unite?

Me? Well here’s my reactions about tower unite

The Short Teaser: Hmmmm? Maybe they’re making a new gmod gamemode or something, i’ll find out later

Tower Unite Kickstarter Trailer [Before i watched it]: Daaaaaaang. They’re making a gmod tower standalone game. Let’s watch it

Tower Unite Kickstarter Trailer [After i watched it]: …IIIIIII NEEEEEEEEED IIIIIIIIIIIT :smiley:

3 Likes

The Short Teaser: I don’t think I ever watched it.

Tower Unite Kickstarter Trailer Before: Fucking Finally.

Tower Unite Kickstarter Trailer After: Fucking Finally, and Fucking Finally I can give some money to help fund this.

Seeing the kickstarter made me think "Man, all those threads about ‘GMT SHOULD BE STANDALONE YOU COULD GET GARRY TO MAKE IT STANDALONE MOD GIUSE’…

…Man, everyone else was completely for it and there I was in the threads going ‘All the charm would be lost, the game would be niche, blah blah blah’…

…Man, everyone else totally called it."

When I found out about Tower Unite (from stream notifications on steam), I melted. Nah, I just thought it was some project to make GMT better, but when I figured out it was a game, then I melted.

I just kinda thought, “Might as well back the Indiegogo, there isn’t much time left and I guess I’ll participate in the alpha”. I don’t actually play GMT a lot, so I’m hoping Tower Unite will have something that will make me come back to play it more often.

Honestly when I first heard about TU I thought it was unnecessary and that the GMT playerbase would essentially die because they would not transfer over to TU. However, I funded the Kickstarter anyway. Then, when the Indiegogo came along it totally changed my view and I’ve been hyped for TU ever since backing the Indiegogo and joining the forums and community.

Short Teaser: What’s this?
Kickstarter Trailer Before: GMT remake?
Kickstarter Trailer After: Shut up and take my money. take it now

1 Like

I heard of it after the kickstarter and thought it was going to just be a simple remake of Lobby 2, As soon as the indiegogo campaign was launched I saved up some money and decided to fund it (A choice I don’t regret making). After seeing how the lobby looks just in alpha, I know this is going to be a great game!

Teaser: …oh my god, ARE THEY ACTUALLY RECREATING TOWER IN UNITY?
Kickstarter Before: THEY A-oh. it’s Unreal. oh. BUT STILL!!!
Kickstarter After: YAAAAAASSSSSS

Anymore reactions?

Unreal>Unity

Teaster: “Hmmm nice”
Kickstarter Before: “Dang, nice shoes!”
Kickstarter After: feeling distant

@Caboose700

1 Like

When I first found out: “FUCK YAH”

During the Kickstarter when not having any money:

When the Kickstarter ended and I didn’t get it nor did Tower get funded:

When I found out that Unite was going to Indiegogo and I finally had money:

3 Likes

I lost count of how many times I watched the trailer.

1 Like

i thought it was a joke

2 Likes

I was so excited and still am… but my friends really want me to shut up about it…

1 Like

“Damn it, the separatists won.”

http://www.gmtower.org/forums/index.php?topic=10030.msg76220#msg76220

2 Likes

It finally game me some inkling of an idea to why I am alive.

Praag zos dovah.

Short teaser (the one with the logo): Another minigame? Propably Harvest. It’s going to suck on Source.
Kickstarter: Hm? This seems… interesting.
Post-kickstarter trailer: Maybe I’ll donate… I don’t know
Indiegogo: THIS OR NO MORE TOWER??? QUICK QUICK LET’S MAKE SOME CASH

Was this always the stipulation? I don’t remember hearing about it…