What might the system requirements be for Tower Unite?

What might the minimum and maximum system requirements be? I have no doubt that I should be able to run the game at high settings with my resolution being 1920x1080 tho I do have friends with weaker computers and laptops in terms of internal hardware. How will you be able to combat this? Will peoples with great and not so great rigs be able to enjoy the Tower Unite experience?

The minimum requirements for Tower Unite are:

• OS: x64 versions of Microsoft Windows Vista (SP2) with DirectX 11 update (KB971512-x64), Windows 7 (SP1) and Windows 8.1
  • Processor: 2.6 GHz Intel® Core™ i5-750 or 3.2 GHz AMD Phenom™ II X4 955
  • Memory: 4 GB RAM
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 or AMD Radeon HD5850 (1 GB VRAM)
  • DirectX: Version 11

These aren’t super-strict, we’ve gotten it to run on some older hardware, so your milage may vary.
Windows XP is not supported though.

We’re working to add options for some of the more intense features in the game to make it more friendly for older hardware.

We will be adding support for Mac + Linux some time after initial release.

2 Likes

Is there any possibility of decreasing the requirements to 3 GHz?
There are only 3.0 AMD PCs for sale here, and I wouldn’t pay for a new PC just to get a new video card.

?
You mean processor?
You can replace individual components you know.

Not with this old piece of shit, sadly.

And, like I said, there aren’t any PCs being sold to be some sort of an upgrade towards mine.

####The minimum CPU requirements represent clock speeds which render the game playable.

You’ll most likely still be able to play the game even if your processor has fewer cores, or has a lower clock speed.

However, your framerate might start dipping into un-playable territory at this point (hence “minimum”).
This is the point where the CPU becomes the bottleneck instead of (or in addition to) your graphics card.

• The clock speed basically the number of instructions your processor can execute per second.
  • The number of cores determines the number of threads ( concurrent instruction streams ) that the processor can execute.
  • If you have an Intel processor that supports HyperThreading, chances are you’ll have additional Logical threads which can help performance, this essentially doubles the thread count.

@UberMedic
The Intel Pentium g3258 doesn’t appear to support HyperThreading so you’ll be stuck with the 2 cores, which will sacrifice some of the framerate (as the engine’s game systems will have to wait on each other).

With a higher clock speed, you might be able to offset that.

In one of the streams it was mentioned a laptop from 2010 could run it. I just bought mine 1 month ago and I already don’t meet the requirements, processor-wise. Wonder what framerate is considered playable.

will a dual core amd opteron processor 165 1.80 ghz

3.00 gb ram
64 bit
work?

Will my crap be able to run this?
OS: Windows 8.1 (dont know which directx update i have)
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti
Processor: AMD Phenom™ II X6 1035T Processor 2.60 GHz
Memory: 6 GB RAM

I mean, you could’ve just compared it to the minimum requirements @Zak posted above…

1 Like

okaayyy