What is your favourite "Shooter" game

Games like you shoot things, okay?

Plants vs Zombies™ Garden Warfare 2

Does it have to mainly be about shooting or can it be anything that involves it?
because starbound, Team Fortress 2 and Overwatch.

Half-Life, Half-life 2, HL2 Episode 1, HL2 Episode 2, Team Fortress 2, Garry’s Mod, Black mesa, HL: Opposing Force…

Do you think portal 1 and 2 count?

I can go on and on…

fifa
:smirk:

4 Likes

Uh, the entire Half life series.

Also, Terraria, once you get some decent ranged weapons.

my school

ok now that I’m done with that shit meme…

Propably the Bioshock series. 1 for the plot, Infinite for the infinitely (pun intended) better shooting/combat mechanics (I LOVE THEM OK), 2 for… more Rapture??
also the Half-life games are pretty good. I still prefer 1 over 2 though (and episode 1 is pretty bad IMO)

Enter The Gungeon, if it counts.

2 Likes

Hotline Miami a puzzle game masquerading as a top-down ultraviolent shooter. If you’re okay with dying fifty times over until you get the perfect run, then you’ll love it.

It’s been a while since I played it last, but the FPS Squad is a really engaging experience if you get in a good squad. It’s a nice mix between the realism of something like ARMA but keeps it simple enough to appeal to the average player. Communication is key, so make sure you have a working mic and aren’t afraid to follow orders (or ask questions when you need help).

Cave Story is a classic sidescrolling metroidvania indie game that’s free. If you like good characters, a well-designed atmosphere, tight controls, and awesome combat, then this game is a must play.

Oh yeah, there’s this early access game called Tower Unite that has an FPS gamemode called Virus. I think it’s a ton of fun, you should really check it out.

2 Likes

Just of the top of my head, probably either Bioshock or Sunset Overdrive.

It’s a tie between Overwatch, Team Fortress 2, and the new Doom.

I don’t find myself using the game’s guns too terribly often when it’s not a necessity, but Counter-Strike: Source is one of my all-time favourite “shooter” games. Another “shooter” game I enjoy, but again prefer melee to its guns, would be Battlefield 4.

I also play Arma 3 from time to time, but not that often.

Just got Gears of War 4 on PC, it’s the first “shooter” game I’ve played in months and it’s pretty awesome, in horde mode or co-op campaign.

You shoot portals, ofc. No one implied bullets.

My favorite shooter right now would be the one that puts bad words in update names:

1 Like

Plants Vs Zombies Garden Warfare 2, Paladins