What are the estimated system requirements for Max/High video quality?

I’m just curious as to what the system requirements for High/Max video quality is.

Thanks,
DignifiedPeach

Based on my setup, I get average of around 110+ FPS on the Alpha 0.0.2 build (Max Everything).

NOTE: FPS does tend to fluctuate depending on how many objects are in the room, lighting conditions, but I’ve never had it dip below 60 FPS, which I really could care less as long as it isn’t below that. Lowest I’ve ever witnessed was around 75 FPS.

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K @ 3.8GHz
GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 980 Superclocked Reference Cooler
RAM: 16GB of Corsair XMS3
Case: Corsair Graphite 600T White Edition
Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z77
PSU: Corsair AX750
HDD: Western Digitial Caviar Blue 1TB @ 7200 RPM

Dang. Okay, I’ll try to run without AntiAliasing or something… lol

To be fair, I haven’t seen turning AA on or off effect anything on my side in terms of frame rate and performance.

Okay, thanks for letting me know. I just hope my rig can handle the game looking beautiful… If not, I’m still gonna enjoy the beauty anyways.
~DP

Well and also, this is my computer running the UNOPTIMIZED version, so keep that in mind too. This game will have alot more features coming soon, which is more to render, which is more work. HOWEVER, in time optimizations are also going to happen so I mean…performance is going to fluctuate over probably the course of the months it takes before the game goes Version 1.0.

Yeah, I do expect that.

Also, keep in mind that base graphical performance does nothing but improve as the game continues on in development. What you get now in the Alpha is not necessarily representative of what you’ll get in the final game.

Yeah, which is good. :smile: it can only get better from here on out!

If it makes you feel better, I have less of a beast rig than Caboose (but still pretty good) and I can run it fine on Max settings.

Specs:

Processor: i7 4790 3.6 GHz
Video Card: 2GB GTX 760
RAM: 8GB

Thats closer to the same videocard I have…I’ve got a GTX 750 Ti. Thanks for the response. :smile:

No problem. Happy to help.

@DignifiedPeach, you can also run the Unreal Engine 4 Performance Tester, posted by the lovely dev Zak, that can help you determine what your performance is likely to be.

I ran that, but for some reason, it caps my FPS at 63 FPS. Any way to unlock that?

That sounds like V-Sync (Vertical Sync) is enabled, but I haven’t ran the utility. Can you select specific options? If so, look for V-Sync and disabled it.

I try to open the menu using escape out of habit, but that just immediately closes it. I’ll tinker around with it a little bit more…I’ll get back to you with my results.

I can’t tell if the level 0 or level 17 is the better graphics quality, but on the level 0 I get 55 FPS and 62 on level 17.

I want to say level 0 was the highest quality one…but I could be mistaken.

It definitely looks good and runs smoothly. That’s always a good sign.