Weekly Dev Log for July 30th, 2018

Weekly Dev Log for July 30th, 2018

Hello everyone, and welcome to the Weekly Dev Log for the week of July 30th, 2018. Here’s what the dev team was up to this week! Note: Devs that don’t appear in the weekly log are not necessarily away or not doing work, but may be working on things currently not announced or backend work that doesn’t need to be detailed.

##Summer Update
As some of you may have seen earlier this week, workshop has been in the process of creation for a release expected with the Summer update. We hope to get this out to you guys soon.

###Workshop
Mac has been working on the the UI for workshop, including browsing, selecting models, and allowing users to block certain models they do not want to see.

###Launch Pad and Teleporter Items
Mike has been working further with the launch pad, allowing you to see the trajectory path visualization between the launch pad and destination. He has also been working on a teleporter item, allowing users in condos to quickly get around.

###Global Chat, Settings UI and New Items
Mac has added chat settings to the global chat, as well as cleaning up the settings UI.

Josh worked on some more items for the Summer update including a Wearable Camera, Scuba Tank, and a Visor, among some other furniture pieces.

Weapon Progress

Toy Hammer

Chris has also been working more on the Toy Hammer, improving and cleaning up the textures.

A look at the new texture

First Person View

Animation Work

Alex has also been doing some animation work with the Chainsaw, as well as some upcoming player dance animations.

Chainsaw swinging down

Chainsaw swinging Up

Chainsaw thrust

A couple of the dances so far

Misc

Lifeless has been working further on Project ##

Wrap It Up

That about covers everything that happened this week at PixelTail Games. See you all next Monday!

33 Likes

THE FUCKING DANCE GIMMI I WANT IT SO GOOD LET ME BUST MY DANCE MOVES!!!
i love everything being worked on right here!

9 Likes

no dab, no buy.

but i’m excited for the next update! dances and workshop look cool. also wondering about that hq and grey map. cool

3 Likes

I like Dave. Dave is cool

everyone likes dave

oh my god this is amazing. so much hype for the next big update

the hat glasses and bow tie make dave look like a grown up dave who is about to take someone to prom, dave has grown up so quickly im proud :blush: :slight_smile:

:)))

27 Likes

DAB! DAB! DAB!
Loving ALL the new features. I am preparing my models!
P.S: Can we make a custom image for the playermodel/item we upload?

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

3 Likes

I want a jewish dance

1 Like

Maseltov

YES! Player emotes, I’m really hyped for this! :smile:

3 Likes

Workshop, teleporters and emotes. So many long awaited features in one weekly log. Can’t wait.

2 Likes

Guys, I love this Portal 2 DLC! Looking Great

MacDGuy is getting pretty creative with these models.

5 Likes

If the emote wheel gets added in the summer update I will cry manly tears

8 Likes

yEsSsSsSsS

Even if there’s only 4 emotes (so far)?

15 Likes

Yes please, especially if one of them is sitting. I just want to be able to sit anywhere.

2 Likes