Weekly Dev Log for August 6th, 2018

thank you josh

god bless tower unite

5 Likes

Cool, the Laser Pistol looks impressive, I wonder if it will replace the Sci Fi Handgun from Virus or is it going to be a SDNL Weapon?

oooo

1 Like

Yay here comes snaily!

4 Likes

Just posted the Survey Results for the July 2018 survey, by the way:

6 Likes

SNAILY :smiley:

10 Likes

I’m guessing SDNL, since they have been working on that quite a lot recently.

I’m hoping that this editor (which I’m assuming is for gameworld/condo maps) is sufficiently powerful. Community content always has the potential for mind blowing quality, but it always needs the tools to facilitate it. I’m excited to see how it turns out.

4 Likes

I wonder if gameworld payouts would be disabled with workshop maps. If I remember correctly, Mac explained the basic plan. Forgotten since then.

thank god yes yes yes yesssssssssss

3 Likes

I chatted with Mac on the Discord recently about this. Basically the current verdict is that they don’t know yet if they’ll enable payouts for approved workshop maps, but it’s not out of the question.

The editor is currently for player models and item importing. Basically you can import a dae directly into the game, it converts it for you behind the scenes and into our model format, then loads it up so you can preview it. Once it’s loaded, I’ve created metadata associated with the model (which will be used for other item types later) which lets you adjust the scale (so models like Yoshi can be adjusted to be shorter), adjust hat offsets, see materials applied, and eventually mark certain materials to support coloring.

Then when you’re all set with the model, you can click upload, select an existing workshop add-on to upload it to or create a new workshop addon.

All previously converted models will be saved to a folder for manipulation later.

This is all handled within the game, so you don’t have to mess with external tools.

15 Likes

i was reading that and i blinked and it changed ^^^
im confused and scared now

oh yeah also i love the fact you can scale the size of the custom player models so it can be the right height for the character someone may have chosen, color certain textures in games for custom player models so i can have a normal green yoshi or a vibrant pretty pink *COUGH i meant manly salmon color yoshi, and the hat offset will be a big help to avoid awkward clipping of the hat and player model
:sunglasses::+1::dark_sunglasses:

2 Likes

Woah, that’s great! I really want to see the update soon, Condos will become CRAZY

So excited for the workshop integration & Arcade :tada:

Roll on Summer Update

2 Likes

Yes. I need both of those NAOW

*achievements

But achievements aren’t coming in the summer update.

2 Likes

Neither is the arcade. Doesn’t mean he cant be excited for it.

3 Likes