Weekly Dev Log for August 27th, 2018

Weekly Dev Log for August 27th, 2018

Hello everyone, and welcome to the Weekly Dev Log for the week of August 27th, 2018. Here’s what the dev team was up to this week! Note: Devs that don’t appear in the weekly log are not necessarily away or not doing work, but may be working on things currently not announced or backend work that doesn’t need to be detailed.

Workshop

Mac has continued getting workshop closer for a first release, fixing various bugs, allowing custom player models to support our weapon animations, the ability to rescale player models, and adding more ways to preview your workshop meshes when in the editor. Rob also fixed the collisions of imported models to allow for physics based objects.

Example of a physics object based workshop model

Player height being shown off, along with the ability to view animations

UI of updating workshop files

Arcade

Johanna has been working on some arcade games, working on the UV’s and initial texture pass for the Wheel of Fire, as well as began modeling a claw machine, and another unnamed arcade machine.

Early image of Wheel of Fire

Early image of the claw machine

Early image of a unnamed machine

Updated Skee Ball machine

Emotes

Mac has been working on the emote system to allow players to use emotes in game.

Showing off the system, and a couple of animations

More Models

Josh has been working on even more items, including various drink items

Various drink items

Moonshine

Animations

Alex has continued working on on the chill dance.

Weapons

Chris has finished up working on the texture for the Lazer pistol (it looks pretty darn good)

Misc

Lifeless has continued working on Project ##
Mike has fixed an issue with very dark shadows in the Smoothdirt condo.
Mike continued to fix some issues with lightmaps in Garden.

Wrap It Up

That about covers everything that happened this week at PixelTail Games. See you all next Tuesday! (As Monday is Labor day)

28 Likes

i cant wait for them emotes

Just me or are the weapons for SDNL to detailed? do we really get that close up to the gun?

With most games Jinko there’s LODs for the weaponry.
The ones showcased at the highest LOD are the ones that we get to preview and are usually the ones used for the first-person view. Outside of that you’ll probably never ever see the HD models/Textures just lying about or on other players in third-person.

SDNL is first-person, so yeah, we’re gonna be pretty close to the guns

4 Likes

we have been blessed

Is this bouncy ball drop!? Only machine I can get consistent jackpots on in arcades. Also I had no idea we’re getting a claw machine!

2 Likes

To me it looks like something from science muesems where it shoots air up and down and makes a beach ball float, Like this https://www.stevespanglerscience.com/lab/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2013/05/floating-ping-pong-balls-and-flying-toilet-paper-3-768x320.jpg

I’m pretty sure it’s one of these:

4 Likes

Reminds me of this gem:

5 Likes

Yea that’s what I’m talking about! They put a little rubber bumper around the Jackpot so its harder to hit than the rest.

It appears to be this thing

https://www.moneymachines.com/slamawinner.jpg

4 Likes

Ah yes My Favorite drink, Splat

Looking forward to see this in-game.

oh no
oh noooooooo

ew.