Weekly Dev Log for 23rd July, 2018

Weekly Dev Log for July 23rd, 2018

Hello everyone, and welcome to the Weekly Dev Log for the week of July 23rd, 2018. If you haven’t heard, we’ve recently retired our old Daily Dev Log in favor of the Weekly Dev Log, which will allow us to give a broader picture and explain things in plain English, while also including some photos from development. Without further ado, let’s get started.

Summer Update (0.5.2.0)

There has been further progress this week into the upcoming Summer update that we hope to release in the next couple of weeks.

New Items

@JJosh has been working on further new items, as well as some new particle effects players can wear

Launch Pad

@Madmijk has also been working on a new Launch Pad item that players can place into their condos and specify a location to launch players to.

Weapon Progress

Toy Hammer

Chris has been working on the new Toy hammer model for the upcoming Gameworld SDNL, finishing the High Poly over the weekend.

Matchlock Tanegashima

Chris also finished off the Matchlock this week

Side View

First Person View with ammo models

Chainsaw

Alex also continued and finished up the Chainsaw animations

Fishing Rod

@krionikal finished up the Fishing Rod animations ready for use in the future Fishing update

Arcade

@Johanna has continued this week with further internal Arcade art, as well as work on an update Skee Ball machine

Misc

@Lifeless has been working on #̺̜͉ͬͯͤ͑̑̒̕͢#̢̛͉̤̫͚̣ͧȌ̸̧̮̼̗͚ͮ̂͂́ͧͩ̀#͍͇̯ͯͨ̊̅#̣̻̙̎#̡͕͙̋̔͞T͊ͬ̋ͨͤͫ͛̈͏̡͎̣̮̝̖͎͓͞ͅ ̜͚̭̘̗͙͚̘̫͛̋#̵̢̭̘̦̮ͨͨ̀#̸͙̹̱̳̞̪͙̥͛͊͗̃͑͒̏̇͆*̣̗̤͕͈̄̓̒͗͋̐̎ R̶̦̯̤͈͉̻͓̫̫̳̠͖̝̣̯̝̿̔̅ͦ͛̑́̎̑̈ͥͦͫ̄͗̽̚͜Ḛ̵̠̙͖̞̣̬̤̺̝̯̟͆̓̀̓͆̆͒̈̅ͤ̑̆ͥ̌̋̚̕͞͠ͅD̥͚͉̙̖͈͍̲̠̙͓̞͈̰̈́ͨ̌ͩͦ̌͗͘͜ͅẠ̵̮̫̳͕̝̲͇͓̖͔̹̜͙ͤͩ̔̅̽ͣ̐͂̉ͪ̕͜C̷̶̢̹̯̦̗̊̂ͥ̏̽̇̿͊ͮͣͬ̅͟͡T̵́̄̄͊̒͊̑͑͝͞͏̯͎̰̫͈̠E̷̸̛͇̪̫̻͓͍̮̤̩̖̮̦̲͈̟͛̊̿͐̈̏̓̔̾͟D̡̛̜̘͖̳͖͈͚̦̱̱̯̝̩͉̎̑̽͛ͧ̈̾

Wrap It Up

That about covers everything that happened this week at PixelTail Games. See you all next Monday!

20 Likes

like what you made lifeless
hope to see more of

what ever this is

7 Likes

Ah yes, a completely normal log, keep up the good work devs, i can’t wait to see that demon worshipping feature coming up!

7 Likes

beautiful work, lifeless. good job :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Lifeless appears to be opening a portal to Hell. Cool cool.

7 Likes

Can’t wait for this!

6 Likes

Can’t tell if it’s suppose to be something secret or lifeless just didn’t tell the other devs what he was doing lmao.

guess lifeless got corrupted, rip

1 Like

Lifeless is the one who wrote this

1 Like

:pray:praise the josh​:pray:

4 Likes

So SDNL is going to be next? Love the work on the items. Will the Toy Hammer fire lasers like last time?

1 Like

i think
Gloabl stuff -> achievements -> / ? fishing ->Arcade -> Workshop?

This is fantastic.

2 Likes

#̺̜͉ͬͯͤ͑̑̒̕͢#̢̛͉̤̫͚̣ͧȌ̸̧̮̼̗͚ͮ̂͂́ͧͩ̀#͍͇̯ͯͨ̊̅#̣̻̙̎#̡͕͙̋̔͞T͊ͬ̋ͨͤͫ͛̈͏̡͎̣̮̝̖͎͓͞ͅ ̜͚̭̘̗͙͚̘̫͛̋#̵̢̭̘̦̮ͨͨ̀#̸͙̹̱̳̞̪͙̥͛͊͗̃͑͒̏̇͆*̣̗̤͕͈̄̓̒͗͋̐̎ R̶̦̯̤͈͉̻͓̫̫̳̠͖̝̣̯̝̿̔̅ͦ͛̑́̎̑̈ͥͦͫ̄͗̽̚͜Ḛ̵̠̙͖̞̣̬̤̺̝̯̟͆̓̀̓͆̆͒̈̅ͤ̑̆ͥ̌̋̚̕͞͠ͅD̥͚͉̙̖͈͍̲̠̙͓̞͈̰̈́ͨ̌ͩͦ̌͗͘͜ͅẠ̵̮̫̳͕̝̲͇͓̖͔̹̜͙ͤͩ̔̅̽ͣ̐͂̉ͪ̕͜C̷̶̢̹̯̦̗̊̂ͥ̏̽̇̿͊ͮͣͬ̅͟͡T̵́̄̄͊̒͊̑͑͝͞͏̯͎̰̫͈̠E̷̸̛͇̪̫̻͓͍̮̤̩̖̮̦̲͈̟͛̊̿͐̈̏̓̔̾͟D̡̛̜̘͖̳͖͈͚̦̱̱̯̝̩͉̎̑̽͛ͧ̈̾ = ??O???T ?? ???

Help me solve this mystery

1 Like

so, i’m guessing SDNL is the next gameworld. If so, i can’t wait!

1 Like

I would prefer Accelerate but it’s ok.

4 Likes

I’d also redact the text with Zalgo if I was starting work on the Halloween Update.

I’d also look very silly if that guess was wrong.

those matchlock textures… :relieved:

1 Like

Maybe Lifeless is working on the Shooting Gallery again? That would be sweet.

1 Like

If that is actually a space after the T, then these are the only words that it can be:

If it’s not a space, then it could only be these:

EDIT: Oh and if it is a space, here’s what the 2 letter word could be:

3 Likes