Weapon Prediction

[ul][li]“Add Support for all Primitive Collision Shapes” has been checked off on the “Weapon System V2” checklist.[/li][/ul]

2 Likes

All basic primitive shape traces implemented (Box, Sphere, Capsule)

4 Likes

[ul][li]“Prototype Project, Weapons, and Map” has been checked off on the “Weapon System V2” checklist.[/li][/ul]

5 Likes

[ul][li]“Deterministic Seeded Random Spread Cone (For Shotguns / Machineguns)” has been checked off on the “Weapon System V2” checklist.[/li][/ul]

5 Likes

He feels pain. Don’t shoot.

make shooting great (again)

So what does weapon prediction do?

Basically makes shooting better for laggy players.

1 Like

If I correctly understood what Zak has said, then weapon prediction works like this.

1: A laggy player shoots at a victim
2: The victim moves before the host recieves the “shoot” event
3: The “shoot” event from the laggy player is received by the host
4: The host calculates when the shot was taken based on the ping of the laggy player
5: The host runs a simulation based on applicable past points the victim had been at
6: The host calculates the result (did the shot hit the victim at the time it was shot?) and updates the game accordingly
7: All players are updated with the correct result

This likely applies to more than just shooting. The net result is as EvKem said; laggy players can actually play properly (well, more so than before).

4 Likes

laggy like over 340?

Laggy is just a descriptive term, as it will be much more noticeable for players with high pings. I’d assume this works for all non-host players, regardless of what their ping is.

[ul][li]“Effect Replication” has been checked off on the “Weapon System V2” checklist.[/li][li]“Client-Side Predicted Effects” has been checked off on the “Weapon System V2” checklist.[/li][li]“Lag Compensation via Client Authoritative Replicated Timestamped Ray Casts Over Network Infrastructure” has been checked off on the “Weapon System V2” checklist.[/li][li]“Weapon Fire-Mode System” has been checked off on the “Weapon System V2” checklist.[/li][/ul]

7 Likes

[ul][li]“Deterministic Seeded Random Spread Cone (For Shotguns / Machineguns)” has been checked off on the “Weapon System V2” checklist.[/li][li]“Deterministic Seeded Random Spread Cone (For Shotguns / Machineguns)” has been un-checked on the “Weapon System V2” checklist.[/li][/ul]

7 Likes

[ul][li]“Server Authoritative Ammo and Fire-rate Validation” has been checked off on the “Weapon System V2” checklist.[/li][li]“Ammo Container” has been checked off on the “Weapon System V2” checklist.[/li][/ul]

7 Likes

[ul][li]“Weapon Slot Widgets” has been checked off on the “Weapon System V2” checklist.[/li][li]“Weapon Slots” has been checked off on the “Weapon System V2” checklist.[/li][/ul]

4 Likes

Weapon slots working:

9 Likes

Just a little question.
Will we be able to see OUR hands instead of that suit?

1 Like

Yeah good question. I feel like I’m Gordon Freeman or something.

1 Like

Zak’s picture right above your post clearly shows a skeleton hand holding the gun.

2 Likes

You say that as if that is a bad thing.

2 Likes