VR Support

any possibility of adding VR support in the future? HTC Vive / Ocolus Rift / etc

1 Like

I’d take a read of this thread:

You could technically play in VR right now if you can make the game use the VR headset as the screen where the game will be rendered, but you wont be able to look around with your head, and most likely super poor resolution.

Sadly i can’t tell you how to do this because i don’t know how or if it’s possible at this moment, and i don’t know if your standard VR headset is detected as a screen or a periheral by Windows.

Clearly, it’s something a lot of people (myself included), really want. You really should consider it. Especially since it was an advertised feature on the indiegogo. You said yourself awhile back that the main reason for making the roller coaster was because it was an advertised feature on the indiegogo, so what makes VR support any different? At least VR support is a whole lot less pointless and something a lot of people would use. Hell, you’d probably draw in quite a few new players because of it.

2 Likes

Since Oculus Runtime has gone into 1.0 (sometime like 2 years ago), direct connection is no longer possible. You’d need some sort of modified video driver like Virieo, or the game just needs to support it.

Actual good vr support is hard to do, and at the current moment in development is unlikely. Right now, all we can do is wait patiently.