Update 0.4.0.0 - Winter Update

[ul][li]“Fixed several sounds not adhering to volume settings” has been checked off on the “Bug Fixes” checklist.[/li][/ul]

3 Likes

[ul][li]“Plaza/Condo: Added a landed sound effect that changes based on the surface you land on after jumping” has been checked off on the “Changes” checklist.[/li][/ul]

3 Likes

[ul][li]“Write changelog” has been checked off on the “Before Ship” checklist.[/li][/ul]

6 Likes

Heck yeah lads!

HEAVY BREATHING
My body is ready

1 Like

[ul][li]“Virus - Desertion: Downscaled the entire map, making the gameplay a lot more tense” has been checked off on the “Changes” checklist.[/li][li]“Virus - Desertion: Fixed a major collision issue with light shafts that blocked gun traces” has been checked off on the “Bug Fixes” checklist.[/li][/ul]

5 Likes

While I’m really looking forward to the update, I’m also a bit skeptical about drastically changing a well-established map. Why not keep both version and call the new one “Desertion Small” or something?

2 Likes

You mean how CSGO keeps Inferno_old de_dust2_old and nuke_old in case you want to play them?
I’m sure it’ll be fine. The game is in early access. If this doesn’t work out, they’ll bring the old one back. What better way to get playtesting done than to force the community to play the map they think works better?

2 Likes

How much of a downscale are we talking?

Like is it going to be barely noticeable, or feel like a whole new map?

It’s not too noticeable, but the gameplay is a lot better. Feels less massively open and more like the original GMT one. Also with the lightshaft collision fix, it’s actually playable.

7 Likes

oooo boi. it must be today!
EDIT: okay i don’t think so :confused:

keep calm, buddy!

#Today

Until they check off the “Build” and “Test” items, it’d probably be in everyone’s best interest to not get your hopes up.

1 Like

It will come out today.
Source: I have a ton of studying to do tomorrow and won’t be able to play

8 Likes

#Today?

Been fixing various bugs and testing.

7 Likes

Great

On a scale of 1 to 10, what is the chance this update releases today or tomorrow?

Also on a scale of 1 to 10, how bad are the bugs?

3 Likes