Update 0.3.7.3

Card

https://trello.com/c/enMNos5m/317-update-0373

Description

This card has no description.

Changes

[ul][li]Knifes no longer stick to players (due to performance issues)[/li][li]Reduced knife lifetime (due to performance issues)[/li][li]More optimizations to the Halloween minigames[/li][/ul]

Bug Fixes

[ul][li]Fixed knife projectiles colliding with rolling pets[/li][/ul]

Before Ship

[ul][li]Build[/li][li]Test[/li][li]Write changelog[/li][li]Deploy[/li][/ul]

2 Likes

[ul][li]A new checklist named “Bug Fixes” has been added to the card.[/li][li]A new checklist named “Changes” has been added to the card.[/li][/ul]

1 Like

[ul][li]“Fixed knife projectiles colliding with rolling pets” has been checked off on the “Bug Fixes” checklist.[/li][/ul]

1 Like

[ul][li]“Knifes no longer stick to players” has been checked off on the “Bug Fixes” checklist.[/li][li]“Knifes no longer stick to screens” has been checked off on the “Bug Fixes” checklist.[/li][/ul]

1 Like

[ul][li]“Some more optimizations to the minigames” has been checked off on the “Changes” checklist.[/li][li]“Gun sounds only play on the client during minigames” has been checked off on the “Changes” checklist.[/li][li]“Reduced knife life time” has been checked off on the “Changes” checklist.[/li][/ul]

1 Like

I don’t like this.

3 Likes

Your graphics card likes it.

11 Likes

Already taking away the fun of sticking people with knives. R.I.P…

5 Likes

“Knives no longer stick to players”

Remind me why this is a bad thing?

2 Likes

“Knives no longer stick to players”

Awww that sucks but I’m sure theres a good reason for it.

I know there’s probably a good reason for it, but until we learn it…

4 Likes

Might have something to do with like 20+ people throwing knives into Mac’s back as he was preparing another public testing for the minigames.

To be fair, the knifes don’t really collide well with the player and their lifetime is like 15 seconds.

I could see that getting a little annoying when you have plenty of people spamming them.

I should hope that’s not the reason. That’d be incredibly childish, if true. He took out a feature just because some people made him mad. I mean, seriously, that’d the equivalent of a child throwing a temper tantrum because he didn’t get his way and then not talking to you for awhile. I really hope that’s not the reason he took this out.

3 Likes

My guess is the knives probably lagged a bit when they were stuck onto moving objects. Thats why they reduced the lifespan and why I assume they also made knives not collide with pets.

1 Like

I hope the sticking feature remains to some degree, even if it means knives have to decay faster and can’t stick to pets.

That’s pretty rude to jump to that conclusion so quickly…

After profiling, we found the knifes were causing FPS issues due to attaching to players. Also, they were visually distracting (while on a player) and they didn’t stick into the player correctly (they floated behind instead of into the player model itself; due to massive capsule collision of the player). After all those three were considered, it was decided to not have the knifes stick into players.

6 Likes

I was responding to PapaRussia, who seemed to be implying that was the reason and I was merely saying that I really hoped that wasn’t the reason because I know who guys are better than that. I was defending you guys, not bashing you. Jeez. Talking about jumping to conclusions.

3 Likes

[ul][li]“Build” has been checked off on the “Before Ship” checklist.[/li][/ul]

1 Like

[ul][li]“Write changelog” has been checked off on the “Before Ship” checklist.[/li][/ul]

1 Like