Unable to load the game on Win7 Virtual Machine

I used to run the game fine many months ago on a windows 7 Virtual Machine, but at some point it felt like a certain patch broke it and it hasn’t worked since.

It will get as far as opening the client and showing the “Pixeltail games” logo, but thats it. Never loads into the main menu.

I have tried another account, verifying integrity of game cache, adding launch options to the game in steam like -novid or -fullscreen etc, with no luck.

I may try to completely uninstall the game and install it fresh if there’s no other suggestions on what to do.

Here’s a screenshot:

We do not officially support running Tower Unite on virtual machines.

Im a little curious as to why you would run it on a virtual machine, doesn’t exactly sound like something that would work very well.

1 Like

He may have Mac or Linux and wants to play it.

1 Like

If he’s on Linux there is the beta version that should work well enough for him to play on it, well as long as his pc covers the minimum system requirements.

As for apple, dual-boot that thing, much more effective than running a virtual machine since you are effectively running two Operating Systems at the same time.

1 Like

The Linux version broke with the upgrade to UE 4.18 and is currently unplayable.

Well then his only option for linux at the moment is the dual-boot.