Tower Unite Dedicated Server Setup!

You would type that link / copy and paste it into your web browser, and press Enter, and that will tell Steam to associate it onto your account.

1 Like

Do the gameworlds work on the Dedicated properly
or do we need to hit a specified number of players?

https://jii.moe/EJApkyR0x.jpg

1 Like

You need 4 players minimum.

1 Like

What Harry said. Also worth mentioning that this applies to all game worlds; in GMT they all had more or less different requirements, but I donā€™t see any reason less or more than 4 should be the suggested minimal amount.

1 Like

We have been added to the Anonymous Dedicated Server Comp package, now you wonā€™t have to log-in to get the dedicated server.

5 Likes

Is there anyway to make Tower Unite listen on something other than 27015?

udp 0 0 0.0.0.0:27015 0.0.0.0:* 2809/TowerServer-Liniux
udp 0 0 0.0.0.0:7778 0.0.0.0:* 2809/TowerServer-Liniux

Never mind. I guess at some point Valve turned 27015 into a general use Steam port. Iā€™ll just have to move my HL2 based game server to another port.

By the way, Thanks for compiling the Linux server apps. It will be nice to host a server right away on Friday.

1 Like

@Zak answered that for me here:

1 Like

I have port forwarded but continue to receive the ā€œUnable to initialize SteamGameServer APIā€ message. My machine tends to be difficult w/r to opening ports. Any thoughts come to mind?

1 Like

Same Issue :confused:

1 Like

i keep geting a API issue :frowning:

1 Like

If you are getting the API error donā€™t forget to copy the tier0_.dll, vstdlib_.dll, and steamclient*.dll from the steamcmd folder to the Tower/Binaries/Win64 folder.

Is/has anyone tried to run this as a service or in the interactive services session on windows server? I have found that if you run it on the desktop of a server it works fine and loads up, but if you try running it as a service it always fails to find the steam api, anyone got any ideas?

1 Like

Iā€™m getting the same issue, and I did copy the dllā€™s into the win64 folder. Was it only the non 64 dlls that were needed?

1 Like

when are we updating this to not set options that will be cleared on update

2 Likes

Fatal error: [File:C:\ci\buildAgent\work\uefork\Engine\Source\Runtime\Online\OnlineSubsystemSteam\Private\OnlineSubsystemSteam.cpp] [Line: 587]
SteamGameServer Failed, User Exited.

Edit: I checked my Task Manager for anything around it.
You canā€™t have the game running, or anything in the task manager that revolves around Tower Unite running when you go to start the TowerServer.exe
I may be wrong about all of that, but it fixed my API issue popping up.

Now Iā€™m at the the point where I canā€™t get my server to show up on the Lobbies menu. Any help?

Conversation with Zak before he fell asleep / went to bed.

1 Like

Thank you for the Guide,
the server works fine but i have one error that comes up

[ 0]LogTemp:Error: [STEAM] ISteamApps Interface Not Loaded

I am Unsure on how to fix this and no Results on the forums.
Can you help please?

thanks

1 Like

So, with the release of Tower Unite, I saw some updates to the Dedicated Server as well. Does this mean the Server can now run on the same machine that Tower Unite is running on, and can connect?

1 Like

Maybe, but id stick to vps or another pc mainly for Performance Reasons.

1 Like

Has anyone found a way to automatically restart the server when it crashes?

1 Like

For Auto-Restart Ubuntu a .sh script.

Source:http://stackoverflow.com/questions/25816330/auto-restart-sh-script-on-crash

running=1

finish()
{
running=0
}

trap finish SIGINT

while (( running )); do
// Execute the command here that starts your server.
echo ā€œRestarting server on crashā€¦ā€
sleep 5
done

2 Likes

Also the 2nd one down should work for Windows.

Source: http://superuser.com/questions/319838/automatically-restart-application-when-closes

1 Like