Tower Löve - A long since canceled project

No, it will be a standalone game.

Possible, I did learn Love2D in about a day; I’m sure the arcade-variant of Lua isn’t that hard.

Hatoful DLC confirmed?

If artists want to draw pigeons, I’ll put in a skinpack.

1 Like

Guys, I really need some feedback. As said in the post, I can’t develop further without community feedback.

is there a hatoful were i play as a guy and try to date female pigeons? because is there is SIGN ME UP! XD i am weird… probably less weird then the people who made hatoful but almost weird as them

@Blaze027 I’m not sure that exists. You can check the [creator’s website][1], but I really doubt it’s out there.

@Ekoserin As far as community feedback goes,

What characters should be datable in this game?
I was originally going to go with developers just for the sake of a joke, but upon thinking about it a dating sim about real people that actually have no knowledge or consent to be in a game is crossing the creepy line. So devs, maybe not. I think I just may make up some characters to put in as that seems to give me something to progress the story with, but it really is up to you.

Keep in mind that actual consenting players (and devs) already have personalities and are living references to that end. Figuring out how someone would react to something is as easy as a couple of messages. (Hey, if X happened, what would you do?)

How should the player meet the characters?
That largely depends on the plot. If the main character is going in to this place blind, or if he’s been there largely affects how he’s going to see new people. If he logs on daily then the new people he meets might be new players joining for the first time, or they may be secluded and only stick to a certain place that nobody thinks to go. If it’s his first time to play, he might meet characters by discovering places and the people within them, or maybe someone approaches him after he does something strange or socially unacceptable in the tower?

Just remember that the usual “This is Ralph. Say ‘Hi’, Ralph!” is very boring and disengaging and I’d only use that if it reveals something major about their character, like them being shy and failing to greet properly.

How long should the game be?
I chose a week for myself, because it’s a resort and technically a vacation, but in doing so I miss a lot of opportunities for seasonal events. Depending on what you want in your story (Christmas, Summer of Events, Halloween, etc) you may want it to be from a month to an entire year, or more years. Sometimes in Visual Novels time is hardly relevant, such as in Hatoful Boyfriend, and sometimes time is of the essence and must be spent wisely in order to achieve the desired (or undesired) ending.

Hate to say it again, but it’s largely up to you, because you’re the one making this and therefore you set the rules in your own universe. Time could be completely irrelevant or it can be the one thing that matters most.

Hope that helps and I really look forward to how this turns out!
[1]: http://clione.halfmoon.jp/hatoful-boyfriend/english.html

Make a scene involving tying up Zak and taking him for some hot tub fun or I’m out.

Sorry Zak <3

I’m not sorry. <3

1 Like

I’m not gay and I want this

1 Like

I’m not gay

You sure about that? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

SAME. I want.

Is this still a thing? Or lost interest?

Lack of feedback. Only one person.

how do you do that blur?

Use the spoiler tag.

ahh, ty ty

If you need voices for this for whatever (non-explicit) reason, I will be happy to provide.

Ahem.

Are there actual polls somewhere or do you just want us to talk about these questions here?

The latter.

In that case:

1. Honestly? Anyone who consents. Sure, I’d like to get (fictional) Foohy to (fictionally) show me his (not-fictional) programming skills (fictionally) in (fictional) bed, but I’d also love to see some of the more… interesting TU players in the game as well. Hell, I’m sure that if you run out of volunteers, or people get cold feet, we’ll be happy to let you use our own made-up characters (such as the guy in my profile picture, Stevebot, for instance). The possibilities are endless! (That’s supposed to be a very clever and elaborate wavy text thing, but the forum is not having any of it.)

2. I think it really would be best if you did a mix. You might bump into somebody (who might not even have to be romanceable!) who then introduces you to a bunch of the other characters, or maybe you’ll bump into a few of them around the Tower, or maybe you have to save someone from getting run over by the Accelerate karts, or convince them not to gamble all their money away, or something. Doing this could allow you to tailor the player’s first encounter with someone to the person’s personality.

3. As long as you want it to be, baby.

Sorry about that. What I mean is, there really shouldn’t be a limit, I don’t think. The only “game overs” are when you die in horrible, horrible ways, or when you can’t experience any more suitors’ stories. Perhaps you close some off by choosing someone else, and then date everyone else that you can. Then the game is over. I think there ought to always be an option for you to break a relationship off, but you could start it up again through some elaborate measure or series of actions. Alternatively, you could include an option where the character tries to set up a polyamorous relationship. Certain combinations won’t work, because maybe those two just don’t like each other too much, and obviously some people just won’t be into it. But I think it would be fun to explore a Player-Foohy-Mac relationship (just throwing an example out, I don’t ship anyone here with anyone else) or something. Yet another alternative could require you to enter the depths of Hell and kill Lucifer before the game ends, taking a page from some Japanese dating sims I’ve heard of in the past.

How’s that for you?

1 Like