The new Lobby 1 Suite HD Remaster just grinds me gears to oblivion

As cool as the remake is, I do prefer the original suite perhaps for the sole reason that it’s from Lobby One. Also, the elements you pointed out I do understand and agree with.

Here’s my take on it: I’ll wait until Workshop support comes around and enables us to have an exact replica of the Lobby One suites with the original textures, and perhaps a port of the original Lobby One as well. Though, it’s a shame the vanilla game deviated so much from the original…

1 Like

Porting means that you make something compatible and usable with something else. You heard of all the GMod car addons using ported cars? Those are from different games with a different game engine.

1 Like

I wasn’t there at the time of Lobby 1 but just comparing both Condos convinces me that the redesign is better, it feels less bland and old and out of place than the GMT one? (i mean seriously wtf is that GMT fish tank and that kitchen ceiling)
You just need to get out of your nostalgia bubble because honestly if they just made the Condo with the exact same details/textures than in GMT I’d be quite disappointed… idk just throwing my 2 cents out there

The fish tank was fine, it just looks a bit weird because of the angle and distance the screenshot was taken at.
However the fishes were quite laggy and buggy, because everything was being stuffed into one server so the server just couldn’t care less about simulating fishes swimming.

1 Like

I would like to say that I was really pissed off last night, not due to the new Suite, just something else, that went on for a few hours at least. Lesson learned, don’t post when you’re irrationally pissed off. But even then, I still feel like most of the points I’ve made stand, and this post was simply for my opinion, no need to get your panties in a knot.

1 Like

http://forums.pixeltailgames.com/t/psa-for-any-would-be-non-constructive-posters/12673

10 Likes

Will it be possible to remove the fridge, as well the stove, so we put the fridge and the upcoming stove item to the suite since those items can be open/closed

Or will you be able top open/close the already placed fridge/stove?

http://forums.pixeltailgames.com/uploads/default/original/2X/2/2afe4e4f576d176999fc7274243659a8c527ab0f.png

3 Likes

I think you’re the last person that should be saying that, considering you yourself said you made this post while angry, and that next reply about non-constructive posters just seems more passive aggressive than anything from your side, seeing as by doing that you instigate more of the same that would go on until the thread would most likely be closed.

While some of your criticizism of some of the design elements of the condo are sound, wanting it to be 1:1 is still rather unreasonable, considering again how different Lobby 2 is compared to the current and future design of the TU lobby, but that’s the last I’ll say on the matter.

Let’s look at it this way, just because someone is having a bad night, it doesn’t really give you the reason to be hostile as well. And as for the reply to GeeMayn’s post, it wasn’t meant to be passive aggressive at all. I get his point, I shouldn’t be whining about things so small, but it’s the way that he put it, that could have been better.

Sunabouzu told me the cabinets were placed quicky just to have something for the stream. Chill out.

The fridge and stove don’t come with the map as they are items.

15 Likes

Honestly the way you worded this is just in a disrespectful and insulting manner, it is criticism but very aggressively done so.
And we all know you cant give criticism without getting flagged here.

1 Like

But he hasn’t gotten flagged?

(before people have a go at me I disagree with jordan)

I wouldn’t have made the post this aggressive otherwise, people have shit nights you know.

Sounds like an excuse more than a reason, you should have some self control. Not one point in there did you apologize either and it seems like you just reinstated that you weren’t in the wrong with your points.

… Dear lord

I feel a thread locked coming in soon, but honestly man. People are different, I don’t exactly have the best self control out there when it comes to being upset. I’m not going to apologize for making an opinion, let alone apologize for having a bad night. And of course it seems like I reinstated that I wasn’t wrong with my points, because I feel like (in my opinion, hence what the original post was about, my opinion) the new condo is sort of a let down. Everyone has the right to agree or disagree with someone’s opinion, but it matters on how they take it and present themselves. Sure, I’m a hypocrite in this case, me saying “Don’t get your panties in a knot” meanwhile I was busy getting my panties in a knot. But again, I was upset, doesn’t mean others have to present themselves as being upset to an opinion.

1 Like

It isn’t our fault you had a bad night and you shouldn’t be making it ours. Using that as guilt is even more wrong.
Just because you had a bad night doesn’t mean you are entitled to post anything you want.

this is intense

7 Likes

Get ur popcorn bois

8 Likes

I never said it was your fault that I was having a bad night, nor am I making it yours. It’s your choice to take it as if I’m trying to make your night just as bad as mine because I was having a bad night.

Quit making assumptions. I’m not using it as guilt, nor do I see a point in using it to guilt people. What would I be guilting them into doing or feeling? It’s like you’re discouraging me for being honest. And I realize it doesn’t entitle me to have the ability to post whatever I want, nor did I say that. Again, I do not have the best self control in the world.

Let me put it this way. When you’re not in a proper state of mind, it’s basically the equivalent to not being sober. Whatever emotion you’re feeling, it will cloud anything reasonable you have to say with that certain emotion you’re feeling.

I’m going about my night, then suddenly I’m feeling super irrationally pissed off. I continue about my night, friend tells me “hey, condo 1 remake” and I’m all like, oh sweet beans my dude. I check it out, and my anger basically is like, “hey, you should overreact to this small thing” and so I whip up a forum post. I intended it to be more of a “please don’t make it like this” rather than a “everything here is wrong, redo it” post. So here I go, making a post that contains an opinion mixed in with some hostility, which if I wasn’t feeling angry, it would not have been that way. People give their responses how they agree or disagree with what I’m saying. But then one guy comes around and deconstructs what I said, so I respond. Then you come around, giving your opinion how I put the post in a “disrespectful and insulting manner” when I had already stated that I was having a bad night at the time, and that I probably shouldn’t have made this post when I was in that state of mind. I make my response, and you keep on pushing forward with assumptions and blatantly obvious things. It’s clear to me that you’re just trying to frustrate me, to create a bigger coffufle than there needs to be.

sort of unrelated rant time

It’s an endless cycle here on the forums. A user says one thing, other people give their opinions, then there’s always that one user that has to say something that stands out from the rest and says, “you’re being this” which starts a reply loop from the first user and the user who calls out said user about something blatantly obvious. Then the first user gets fed up with whatever the other user is trying to pull and writes a long and lengthy post like this explaining what’s actually going on. Then the thread is locked, the first user is banned for instigating drama and the other user is banned for spam/trolling or they’re just not punished at all. You simply cannot avoid drama from opinions. You may as well ban opinions from the forums. Mac (or some other dev) will come into here and say, "hey you’re both being ridiculous we’re locking this thread now stop here are your punishments. But in reality, everyone is different. Everyone has their own opinions and views, opinions and views trigger responses from people, some bad or good. This is the internet, the internet is a giant orgy of personalities that clash and mix in the worst ways possible. You can’t avoid this. It’s the same on any other forum, there will always be hostility between the users and the moderators (or in this case the devs) will always try to stop it by making their forum a hugbox (a place in which the problem is not resolved, but is stifled). You cannot make an environment a happy utopia with so many personalities, it’s just not possible. So that just results to the higher ups trying to stifle the negativity to the best of their ability.

To conclude, there will always be negativity and the devs need to stop acting like they can control it. This will never be some sort of happy safespace, just like any other place on the internet, I promise you.

:popcorn:

12 Likes