Some Ballrace Suggestions

1. It’d be nice if, on the bonus stage of any of the maps, that a “stage clear” bonus could be given to everyone in that game if all melons on the level are obtained. This would be like a message in similar style to the “ready, go” and “passed” messages (maybe in yellow/gold), and would give players each 750 units minus 50 for each player after 2. This might sound a bit high, but it’s only 150 more than the first place payout and it’s only once - if not none, on a map (with the chance that you don’t get it at all).
  2. Before the game starts, have the camera move through each stage in order to show the layout and such of each level.
  3. 1/4 chance of a “super melon” (really bad name, not a final name at all) spawning in place of a normal melon in a level that not only gives you the equivalent of 12 melons, but increases your melon-to-units cap to 50 on that stage (only for the one that grabbed the melon).

I can see #3 is supposed to be from GMT, as in the Secret banana, I would like to see the Super melon give an achievement when you collect it similar to GMT

There was a secret banana in GMT? I’ve never seen it.

Oh, there were achievements for getting them in the maps.
I’m not sure if it’s the other GMT. (You might be un-aware but someone tried to remake a 2009 version of GMT but it got shut down after a few months. This is the “other” GMT i’m referring to.) I actually have the GMT maps in my GMod because of the remake.

That remake was unauthorized.

1 Like
  1. I think this idea would be great to add. I also would love to display the number of melons left per level, which would be more prominent during bonus rounds.

2. I wanted to stray away from that for Ball Race because each level is usually completed very quickly.

3. I have considered in GMT doing a golden rare pickup. I believe also it was an idea suggested as well. However, I would probably have it bypass the melon limit when you get it.

1 Like