[SOLVED] Tower Unite Ripoff on ROBLOX

well even so he probably wouldnt risk loosing his account just to earn a little extra cash from a 3rd party

If he sold the robux he’s earned so far on that site he could have earned well over 5 thousand dollars

Well at first i thought “WTF IS THIS” but since they are giving credit i guess its okay? I wouldn’t really say the same considering they just took the game and had no view on their own part of the fun of “making a game” why wouldn’t you just play it on gmod?

Since they are making money off of someone else’s intellectual property, it is not ok.

They may even be able to be sued, should it be the case that Mac finds it worth the hassle.

2 Likes

http://share.gamechaser.net/3F4A2DFF53308484410DAC746EF69165B0359D030B75CBCA4A7F92A3B0C924D7.png

3 Likes

most kids play roblox wont know what Gmod tower and their computers cant handle gmod because roblox can be run on virtually anything with minimal lag

I wouldn’t say there’s still people that play games frequently that can’t even handle GMod, a game released in 2004 with a 2004 game engine. The PC specs are so low for it, even my old grandma’s toaster could maybe handle it if the hardware wasn’t so used up.
The kids from the Yogscast wave at GMTower didn’t have an issue buying GMod as well, so they could easily reach up to Tower Unite, atleast a significant majority. The minority which can’t buy it will then probably stick to that Roblox alternative.

I’m not going to flame war or attack the creator but here is my opinion on the game after about 2 hours of gameplay.

I don’t even think this is that bad. I mean he did a good reconstruction using garbage Roblox tools. He made a lot of good changes but it still doesn’t carry the charm or fun of GMTower.

I wouldn’t even care that much if he called it “Tower Unite : Roblox Edition” to inform children of the true Tower experience. There’s no mention to my knowledge of the game anywhere.

While I doubt he is making anything over $75 a month on this the microtransactions ruin the game completely restricting fun new features to the person who shows the most cash.

hes making an easy 2k+

Roblox allows you to use LUA with a premade character.
Gmod does the same thing.
Not really garbage tools.

$1875 So far not counting the in game currency you can purchase.

Again, as I’ve stated before, there is no proof he is making money off of this.

1 Like

Why would he just keep the Robux on his account and not sell it? Even so, 7800 US dollars (plus however much he sold of his virtual currency) have gone into this game, that he doesn’t have the intellectual property for.

This doesn’t prove that he has intentions to sell it.

Again, you don’t know if he has sold any of his virtual currency.

You’re not understanding me, people have physically spent 8 thousand dollars worth of virtual currency on this game.

Do you have any proof of this? I believe people just get bux arbitrary for getting hits in their games. You also DONT have to buy the Bux, as again, people get them just by having people join their game. So you REALLY don’t know this at all. Again, you show me some proof, and I’ll back down.

13 million worth of game hits were spent on the gamepasses, to be exact. Also, the Plaza is the number one game on Roblox right now, just thought I’d let you know.

From the roblox wiki:
As of the last update to this page, at least 12 users in the Roblox community have accumulated over 20 million place visits, over 18 users have between 10-20 million place visits and over 14 have between 7.2-10 million place visits

I still see no proof from any of that that this person is receiving USD for making this “game”.

1 Like

Oh? Is that what you’re looking for? Well, let me try to explain. Even though you think him receiving virtual currency, which he can click one button to turn into 2 thousand dollars, isn’t realistic (for whatever reason), he still has the in-game currency, which is considered an asset. He doesn’t have to sell the in game currency for it to be worth 2000 dollars, it’s an asset.

If you asked for proof that bill gates has 8
Billion dollars, the answer would be that he doesn’t have 8 billion dollars (at least from your perspective), he has assets which are worth that amount.

I hope this helps you understand.

I never said it wasn’t realistic, I said there isn’t any proof he’s doing it. Also, again, worth doesn’t mean anything. Just because he has something that is worth 2000 USD, does not mean that he is selling it.

I hope this helps you understand.

Fair enough