So I managed to downgrade TU to the first backer alpha on Steam

TUtorial (pun intended):

Open Steam’s console (yes it has a console) by adding “-console” at the end of Steam’s launch properties.

Type in “download_depot 394690 394692 2748782075456831839” and “download_depot 394690 394691 7163008283919730952”.

Both downloads should have file paths. Go to the file path and combine both depot files into one.

Go to your Tower Unite directory and move the current files into a new folder somewhere on your desktop.

Place the directory of the combined depot folder into TU’s directory.

You should now be able to run the old alpha.

If you want to role back to the current version of TU, just replace the files in TU’s directory with the directory you placed on your desktop. This is a lot faster than manually updating.

You might be confused, as I am terrible at explaining things, so be sure to check this Reddit post to help you: https://www.reddit.com/r/Steam/comments/611h5e/guide_how_to_download_older_versions_of_a_game_on/

Anyway, here are the screenshots.

Old menu is old

Remember this hat?

Old condo

Can we please have this in an update?

I remember doing this all the time in condos

Old exe icon

I would screenshot everything but I don’t feel like wasting time.

23 Likes

back when people had an insane amount of money

9 Likes

How did you even do that?

Tutorial added at the top.

Thanks.

1 Like

God, this brings me back. That first UI up there is the one me and Mac designed.

1 Like

The first alphas where the backers could build in the lobby were really fun. They were like community condos without permissions. People built things everywhere… anything from cluttering the Transit Station to filling the beach with trampolines.

2 Likes

Those old player models used to creep me the fuck out