Saved Videos for Media Players

Hello! I thought it would be cool if there was an option to save a YouTube video to a media device for easy access. For example if I wanted a TV to look like a fireplace I would want to get the same fireplace every time I would rejoin. For easy access I could just hit the button and it would put it on. This feature could have a naming option so if the video was called Awesome Relaxing Fireplace HD - Must Watch you could just save it as Fireplace. Also, I think it would be cool if there was a feature to make a YouTube video instantly go on the media device, for example I am making a maze in the background of my house and for the maze I want some music although I don’t want to have to go to the basement every time I rejoin, I might forget. Finally, I think it would be awesome if on the TV it would say that something is on if it is off. If someone notices the TV is playing something they might turn it on. Adding on to that it should say what the name of the video is just in case it is something they do not want to see.

-Thank you for your time! :smiley:

EDIT: Only the owner can add videos to the playlist
EDIT 2: Another cool idea is that as the owner you can put a video on loop or make it so no one else can put videos in

The only problem I’d see with it is people saving on purpose bad videos to raid others’ condos. But there are no really that many people who queue such videos like disorted song or anything, so we can ignore that.

For a start I think at least 5 slots with saved url and title of video would be enough.

We can’t forget about automatic information update, if the video gets deleted, you should be able to notice that before you decide to queue it. “Hey, I’ve got that cool video of cat jumping into window, it’s funny. Let’s watch it!” can’t queue “Did media player broke or something? I should check it on browser, it was working a moment ago!”.

1 Like

I made you some concept art

ohgodilovememes

4 Likes

I just edited my suggestion, only the owner can add to the playlist.

1 Like

should look something like this

9 Likes

This would be a really nice addition. Some sections for saved videos would be a nice extra too. Sometimes I just want to decorate and chuck on some of my favourite music videos and this would make that 10x easier than lots of copying and pasting every time I play.

4 Likes