Random lag spikes in Virus?

Being the human I am today. I enjoy spending my free time playing Virus. However, I’ve encountered lag spikes which only occur in Virus and increase in quantity when I’m hosting. I put this topic in questions because I wanted to know if anybody else was experiencing this issue. Of if perhaps it is my high memory usage after a forced Windows 10 update. Thanks for the potential feedback!

1 Like

Can’t say I’ve really had lag spikes in any game mode at the moment do you mean actual lag or something more of frame lag? also do you know how much Vram and ram you have? that may come in handy encase it’s using more then you have or if it’s trying to stress your system.

I will say i’ve noticed Client to server lag in virus where on my screen I’ll be standing inside of a person as an infected and it wont change them to infected to the point they manage to somehow runaway 1-3seconds after standing inside of them

I built my Computery. I’ll list specs below

CPU: AMD FX 8350 @ 4.0ghtz

GPU: Zotac GTX 970

RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory

(I’ll provide a link to my build in Pcpartpicker once I’ve got that fixed up. :smiley: Its like midnight, I want to go to sleep.)

Your PC doesn’t seem to be the issue unless it has heating issues as I believe your processor can’t take as much heat as others can as far as max temp goes that could possibly bog you down as I know tower unite is demanding on the processor.

I would recommend running a program like Speccy for example and check your Temperatures while in a game of virus that way you can see how hot it’s getting under load to see if maybe you need to clean off your fans for better airflow.

While I’m not sure that’s the issue it may be something worth looking into - Cheers

I’m confident that I fixed my issue! I’ll say right now that heat should not have been the issue but that possibility certainly existed. I was cleaning up the hell of my room one day and desided to completely undust my computers case fans and the shitty stock CPU fan my CPU came with. My god did that help with performance.

My issue was actually caused by an application that came with my MSI motherboard in an installation CD called Killer Network or something of the sort. After browsing through many forums I found my solution at the following link. https://bluebluewave.wordpress.com/2014/02/27/memory-leak-in-windows-8-1-with-killer-e2200-and-windows-network-data-usage-monitoring/

Yeah i had that issue one month after i got my PC. It was god awful. Luckily it fixed itself

1 Like